Anyone recommend a home cinema system £200 budget

Found 17th Dec 2012
Thanks, my one is packing up.
Was looking at this one
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Just need the speaker system, blu ray player. Doesn't have to have the catch up function.

Please let me know recommendations!
Community Updates
MiscCinema
25 Comments
Yamaha yht-196 from richer sounds and buy a seperate blu ray player.
i'm looking for similar the samsung is cheaper at pixmania (last time i checked - last night £192.60

sony direct for LG BH6620S 5.1 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System £149.00 (lol dont know if sonydirect is correct now - it was later at night)
or amazon for LG BH6620S 5.1 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System £157.99

I'm only looking at Sony/LG/Panasonic/Pioneer/Samsung makes but you might have other preferences

Edited by: "philphil61" 17th Dec 2012
No I agree with you, looking for top brands really
trikidy

No I agree with you, looking for top brands really

Im pretty sure Yamaha are a "top brand". If you were reffering to the first post.

If anything I would class LG and Samsung as more budget brands.
StJimmy

Im pretty sure Yamaha are a "top brand". If you were reffering to the … Im pretty sure Yamaha are a "top brand". If you were reffering to the first post.If anything I would class LG and Samsung as more budget brands.

No not at all, I meant it as I was looking for top brands as opposed to own brand products or lesser known products.
deleted57959

Id get an av receiver and buy equipement seperate if you can, you can … Id get an av receiver and buy equipement seperate if you can, you can then feed everything through the receiver, Consoles, Sky, Freeview, BD players, Media Centres etc etc... check out your local richer sounds for offers instore, pretty much get a budget Yamaha for £199.99

Thanks for that, but I would rather keep it simple for me!
subscribed.... for later use
I have read on AV forums too, people saying to buy a blu ray player and a surround sound system separate, which would of helped in my case as the dvd has gone on mine!
Still looking and researching, thanks for everyones advice- keep it coming please
StJimmy

Im pretty sure Yamaha are a "top brand". If you were reffering to the … Im pretty sure Yamaha are a "top brand". If you were reffering to the first post.If anything I would class LG and Samsung as more budget brands.

yes yamaha make good sound systems but generally (like I've already researched this) they are over priced compared to as you would call "budget" systems

the OP and myself are restricted, by choice, to lesser expensive systems - hence is £200 "limit" and my original reply

A Yahama AV receiver/sound system without speakers is going to hit the £200 + - what about the speakers???

I advise you either up your budget or look second hand.

My current setup cost about that (Sony amp, tannoy 5.1 speakers) guarantee it sounds a hell of a lot better than any all in one
I agree with sancho, an upped budget would be reqired to get a decent setup, good websites to check would be audio visual online and richer sounds, find what you want and ring up and you'll probably be able to get a bit more off aswell
I went through four cheap all on one systems in 2 years. I've had my current system for four years
z5500
I'd recommend saving for seperates too. If you have a square room then sound bars work well. Too much stuff, too many windows or different shape and you're best off with surround speakers.

I went for this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Channel-Satellite-Speaker-Surround/dp/B003KZKSVI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355773700&sr=8-1

I really love the sound quality and the fact it works with everything.
Thanks for all the responses, will look at these reviews
Go into Richer sounds or Jessops (John Lewis) or another good audio retailer where you can test the systems, Each individual has their own requirements/needs/wants or just to be the next door Jones

Some will just recommend because they have their own setup and are proud of it even if it costs more than one arm and leg.

I checked out the Samsung at Jessops after being a Panasonic lover for years - I was impressed but then again the setup in Jessops is totally different to your home.

Don't be fooled by all these Yamaha and Onkyo admirers - you are an individual and you ears/hearing will be totally different to others but remember you get what you pay for

The Gadget Show and others have proved time and time again it's not just the brand or the price that makes the better choice
deleted57959

Id get an av receiver and buy equipement seperate if you can, you can … Id get an av receiver and buy equipement seperate if you can, you can then feed everything through the receiver, Consoles, Sky, Freeview, BD players, Media Centres etc etc... check out your local richer sounds for offers instore, pretty much get a budget Yamaha for £199.99

Co-sign. It will save you a lot of headaches further down the line.... Believe me
i have a sony str dg910 in immaculate condition that i purchased but never got round to using it I was meaning to put it up for sale but haven't got round to it yet if interested
philphil61

Go into Richer sounds or Jessops (John Lewis) or another good audio … Go into Richer sounds or Jessops (John Lewis) or another good audio retailer where you can test the systems, Each individual has their own requirements/needs/wants or just to be the next door JonesSome will just recommend because they have their own setup and are proud of it even if it costs more than one arm and leg. I checked out the Samsung at Jessops after being a Panasonic lover for years - I was impressed but then again the setup in Jessops is totally different to your home.Don't be fooled by all these Yamaha and Onkyo admirers - you are an individual and you ears/hearing will be totally different to others but remember you get what you pay forThe Gadget Show and others have proved time and time again it's not just the brand or the price that makes the better choice

Thanks for this, nearest store is just over 20 miles away though :P Still I might try and do this.
slevinkelevra

i have a sony str dg910 in immaculate condition that i purchased but … i have a sony str dg910 in immaculate condition that i purchased but never got round to using it I was meaning to put it up for sale but haven't got round to it yet if interested

Thanks for the thought but not for me thanks.
bump to see if anyone else has ideas
A little late on this but about 10 years ago I went into richer sounds and spent most of the day there. Went through nearly all amps speakers etc to get the setup and sound I wanted. Seperates definatly the way to go since you can pick and choose what sounds good to you. I didn't pay attention to the brand since the quality of what I was playing was most important. 10 years on I still have the System and it still sounds great.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants