Anyone recommend a hotel around Sydney harbour

Posted 6th Feb
Looking for a hotel around opera house etc as only there for two days. Any recommendations greatly apprec
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I stayed at the Intercontinental, the view was fantastic, I upgraded
39850899-5gmcV.jpg
when there for about $25 a night (check that out). I had a front facing view, there is one building in front but you still get a fantastic view. Don’t book top floor as gym is above and it is noisy. I loved it. I did a free guided walking tour, went to the old section and down to the front, my friend booked me on an old sailing ship and it was great.
Thankyou so much. Great info.
Stayed at Park Hyatt once, felt as if I could reach out and touch the Opera House.
I used to stay at the Shangri-La if I could get a deal,l great location, and cocktail lounge with a great view.

One block back, the Amora hotel is pretty good, probably stayed there the most. (I used to get to Sydney twice a month when I was living in Australia).

There are also a few nice hotels around Darling Harbour, close enough, and a bit more lively as one or 2 blocks back, it's the CBD (central business district) and it's a bit quiet at the weekends. Maybe the exception is the rocks, the Australia Hotel is a good pub, great pizza.

Also, check out the serviced apartments (units), there are a few options around there and sometimes a bit cheaper.

I used to look on webjet.com.au to get deals. I even got a cheap night in the 4 Seasons one time.
Its not that cheap but the Westin is not far from the harbour and a great hotel.
Thank you so much.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants