Groups

Anyone recommend a hotel close to Heathrow airport ?

We've an early check in next month and getting up at 5 to get the bus doesn't appeal!

Anyone used a hotel around the airport they can recommend?

A shuttle to the airport (T1) would be nice too. . .

10 Comments

iv never used them but there are a few here -

Don't waste money on a taxi – instant confirmation on London Heathrow Airport Hotels from £32/night. Online bookings. Fast & secure site.
    [url]www.wotif.com/hotels/united-kingdom-heathrow-airport-hotels.html[/url]

airporthotels4u.co.uk/hea…row Book a hotel at Heathrow so you can relax before or after your flight.
    Hotels near LHR Airport
    [url]www.HolidayInn.co.uk[/url] Great locations just 5 minutes from Heathrow airport. Official Site.
    50 Hotels near Heathrow

[url]www.booking.com/Heathrow[/url] Book a hotel near Heathrow. Hotels with aiport shuttle service

Holiday Inn Cheap and always have deals

Travelodge Windsor Central about 9miles away?

Original Poster

I wouldn't stay at a Travelodge if they paid me. Had the worst stay of my life at one of their places last year.

We stayed in the Premier Inn which was fine for a night. premierinn.com/pti…rue
    They also offered a shuttle bus to the airport.

Original Poster

I was just looking at the Premier Inn site, thanks.

steve1221;5046154

Thats not a bad hotel at all.... approx 10 mins away from terminals 1,2,3 and 15 from 4 and 5 :thumbsup:

Steer clear of the White Hart pub down the road .... full of undesirables !!

steve1221;5045504

I wouldn't stay at a Travelodge if they paid me. Had the worst stay of … I wouldn't stay at a Travelodge if they paid me. Had the worst stay of my life at one of their places last year.

I've always found them very good,I've stayed at Brighton,Chessington/Tolworth,Windsor,Slough,and a couple in London area.I've got a few bookings this year for them.
    Their £9 sale rooms have finished now but should be plenty for £19 if plenty notice or saver £29+ rates.

steve1221;5046154

Premier Inn are ok,I've used them in the past,I find them the same as Travelodge but Travelodge always way cheaper.

Original Poster

The Travelodge we were at was more a hovel than a hotel. Staff that didn't give a toss, poorly maintained and we didn't get a wink of sleep due to some ****** in the room above having news 24 on at full volume all night. The staff won't do anything as he wouldn't let them in!!!
    Took 3 weeks to get a refund, never again. Travel Inn is way better (and we've stayed in quite a few).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64511
      2. Win A Galaxy Note 8 With Caseology & AndroidHeadlines *** ENDS TODAY ***11
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1122
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55

See more discussions