Anyone recommend a new laptop for a xmas present. Please

9 replies
Found 19th Dec 2010
I want to buy someone a new laptop - would prefer a 17inch screen. They work on word documents etc, surf the net and use outlook express, don't game or need anything fast but would like a decent battery life and memory. Any suggestions welcome. as running out of time.

9 Comments

Are you looking for brand new or second hand ok?

argos laptops and choose 17.3 screen 1st one is £349

Original Poster

preferably new as I'm a bit wary of buying second-hand as a present

Original Poster

dontasciime

argos laptops and choose 17.3 screen 1st one is £349

but for someone like me with little knowledge of specs etc how do I know this one is okay?

i will recon to buy a notebook cuz it got more battery power and its easy to carry plus it got decent speed

whatsThePoint

which 17" screen netbook would you recommend?

i don't think there is 17" netbook but smaller are much better,unless he/she definitely want the 17".

addjon

i don't think there is 17" netbook but smaller are much better,unless … i don't think there is 17" netbook but smaller are much better,unless he/she definitely want the 17".

Wrong, a smaller screen would only be better if thats what the user wants / needs.

dh058977

Wrong, a smaller screen would only be better if thats what the user wants … Wrong, a smaller screen would only be better if thats what the user wants / needs.

yeh well i meant it easy to carry and give good battery life n with 17" you got limitation like low battery power n you can stick it on your lap all day plus it is bulky to carry.....any way good luck with the find, n hopefully the person like it as well

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, looks like I'm off to Argos tomorrow then
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…88
    2. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    3. spam regarding paypal33
    4. Best tablet around the £60 mark66

See more discussions