Anyone recommend a Printer with Apple Air-print?

Found 8th Jul
My ancient kodak printer has died.
Need Apple Air-print so my son can print homework off easier.
He says HP are good as they use them at his school, but I haven`t got a clue!
Anyone seen any good deals or recommend a good reasonably priced printer?!
Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Yeah. Get hp printer and consider the instant ink hp do. I pay £1.99pm after free trial for 50 pages a month. That just about covers it for school and office printing. It's £24 a year for ink and postman brings it. Loads of printers and information here on hukd. I paid £34 for printer.
Edited by: "wayners" 8th Jul
I have a canon PIXMA , quite a few years old , so I can't recommend a new model number. What I would suggest is looking at the price of compatible ink cartridges on eBay before you buy. We can get 3 or 4 complete sets for under a fiver , saves a fortune. Everyone I know bar one who has used the HP instant ink has given up on it as 50 pages doesn't cover much. Depends what year your son is in though, come GCSE year we could easily print 50 pages a week just on course work.
HP for us too. Although we ditched the instant ink for my son as his Uni digs didn't have good enough wifi for the HP ink to talk to his printer - despite it being perfect for wifi printing. It did render his cartridges unusable but they paid for some new ones and he just buys ink at Argos now.
Also have a HP printer and it works flawlessly with AirPrint. I now use Asda ink in mine, only downside is it always tells me the ink is low when it’s not.
HP Instant Ink is great. I don't use it myself, but very clued up on how it works as I've recommended printers with Instant Ink to a couple of friends and family members. All of whom are satisfied.
Thank you everyone.
I think I`m going to go for the HP 6234 as you can claim £30 cashback on that model making it the same price as the 5020 £39 at Currys. I just hope the instant ink connects ok....
cazsilver1 h, 9 m ago

Thank you everyone.I think I`m going to go for the HP 6234 as you can …Thank you everyone.I think I`m going to go for the HP 6234 as you can claim £30 cashback on that model making it the same price as the 5020 £39 at Currys. I just hope the instant ink connects ok....

Inside the box there are basic instructions on how to install.
I’ve also downloaded the HP Smart app, which might also be of some use.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 9th Jul
I was very worried doing the setup but it's easy. Just follow the guide. Also install the smartphone app. You can set the page number to whatever you want during the free trial then lower the page print number before you start paying. Also unused pages roll over but only during the payment period.
.. Not in the free trial period. Set it to max page number in the free trial period
Edited by: "wayners" 9th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions