Anyone recommend a replacement battery for iPhone 6s?

Found 20th May
I replaced it Christmas time from replacebase but it rubbish to be honest.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Go to the apple shop they are doing it for £25
sumz014 m ago

Go to the apple shop they are doing it for £25

Apple wont replace it as its been replaced by a 3rd party if the battery in it is not a genuine ape battery.
Oh ok...
I’d argue the case with them. A free swap would be excluded. Though if you are paying for a replacement, then it shouldn’t matter.
They replaced the mrs’s On the £25 thing it was not a genuine battery I fitted
Dannyrobbo55 m ago

They replaced the mrs’s On the £25 thing it was not a genuine battery I fi …They replaced the mrs’s On the £25 thing it was not a genuine battery I fitted

It probably looked convincing. They refused to change my daughter's because it had already been replaced by a third party. They refused due to safety reasons.

I guess some might let it slide but not in my case :(.

My other one had a replacement screen and they were happy to change the battery in that one.
.MUFC.23 m ago

It probably looked convincing. They refused to change my daughter's …It probably looked convincing. They refused to change my daughter's because it had already been replaced by a third party. They refused due to safety reasons.I guess some might let it slide but not in my case :(. My other one had a replacement screen and they were happy to change the battery in that one.

Yeah that being said it did look convincing, it was one of those “genuine” but most definetly fake Ebay models. It was at the height of batterygate so maybe it’s just luck if they notice.
Dannyrobbo40 m ago

Yeah that being said it did look convincing, it was one of those “genuine” …Yeah that being said it did look convincing, it was one of those “genuine” but most definetly fake Ebay models. It was at the height of batterygate so maybe it’s just luck if they notice.

I bought it for my daughter from Musicmagpie and checked serial to see if it was on the free replacement scheme. It was. Also on the battery status thing it was blank and doesn't give any optimization options etc. I made the appointment, Travelled 15 miles to be told it had already been replaced by a third party and they wouldn't touch it. I was rather annoyed as it seems they've reduced the performance and it constantly freezes etc. I can't return to Musicmagpie as like a dimwit she broke the screen!.
You may get a free replacement too guys. My sister did
.MUFC.1 h, 31 m ago

I bought it for my daughter from Musicmagpie and checked serial to see if …I bought it for my daughter from Musicmagpie and checked serial to see if it was on the free replacement scheme. It was. Also on the battery status thing it was blank and doesn't give any optimization options etc. I made the appointment, Travelled 15 miles to be told it had already been replaced by a third party and they wouldn't touch it. I was rather annoyed as it seems they've reduced the performance and it constantly freezes etc. I can't return to Musicmagpie as like a dimwit she broke the screen!.

Shame she broke the screen a £25 otterbox defender case would have saved a lot of hassle and expense (also available in girly colours).

Apple won’t touch the 3rd party batteries as like all phone batteries they are lithium ion and can explode when moved around causing injury, they can’t guarantee that they were manufactured in a way that allows safe handling.

You can buy a kit from here ifixit.com/Gui…900
and follow the instructions to repair, but it may just be cheaper to buy a new phone from envirophone or something.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 20th May
cmdr_elito48 m ago

Shame she broke the screen a £25 otterbox defender case would have saved a …Shame she broke the screen a £25 otterbox defender case would have saved a lot of hassle and expense (also available in girly colours).Apple won’t touch the 3rd party batteries as like all phone batteries they are lithium ion and can explode when moved around causing injury, they can’t guarantee that they were manufactured in a way that allows safe handling.You can buy a kit from here https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+6s+Display+Assembly+Replacement/62900 and follow the instructions to repair, but it may just be cheaper to buy a new phone from envirophone or something.

The current battery is fine and lasts a dayish, it's just the fact that Apple have deliberately restricted the performance with no option not too etc.. that irks me.

I'm happy to replace the screen myself, I've done it many times but she has got to pay for it. She has broken every single device she has had!. She is so clumsy. She won't have a case on it either. However at least they're very easy to replace.

I suggested I bought it for her. Actually I bought it and she is paying me back as I'm sick of buying them for her lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions