Groups

Anyone recommend a small quite powerful power bank for mobile?

Thinking of getting this one - amazon.co.uk/gp/…h=1

£11.99 Amazon, going for £15 on ebay - good reviews. Don`t really know much about them to be honest!

Anyone recommend any?

15 Comments

It has 6700mAh, for the price that good. Its got good reviews and its a good price. Looks good all round.
    Ive always used Anker and have found their customer service top notch, replacing items with no quibble after 18 months .

Original Poster

rhinopaul

It has 6700mAh, for the price that good. Its got good reviews and its a … It has 6700mAh, for the price that good. Its got good reviews and its a good price. Looks good all round.Ive always used Anker and have found their customer service top notch, replacing items with no quibble after 18 months .

How much is Anker for that amount of power? It`s worth having good customer service! Off to google Anker.....
    Edited by: "cazsilver" 17th Nov 2016

i recommend Anker too!

About £17. I think your own one looks like a good bet for the price.
    I use Ankers larger capacity batteries at about 15000mAh. They will last days charging tablets and phones but are large and heavy- ish.
    Anker often have deals on Amazon, never pay rrp on Anker. I think I paid about £20 for the more powerful battery.

£12 for a 5200 mah Anker battery or £18 for a 6700 mah with 2 amp output

I've seen 20k mah advertised, I own a 10K mah, it does last a long while; only run out of charge once in 4 years, and that was on a 5 day stop in London where it had to keep two smart phones going.

Gentle_Giant

I've seen 20k mah advertised, I own a 10K mah, it does last a long while; … I've seen 20k mah advertised, I own a 10K mah, it does last a long while; only run out of charge once in 4 years, and that was on a 5 day stop in London where it had to keep two smart phones going.

​read the first part of that and thought, wow, lasted 4 years with only 1 charge

Beautifull piece of kit. Probably get it cheaper on Gearbest. amazon.co.uk/Xia…ank

I have Juiced portable charger 10400mAh.
    That's enough for 4/5 full iPhone charges or 1 full iPad charge.
    Best thing ever bought. I believe they on offer @ Curry's for a bargain £20!.

dereklogan7

Beautifull piece of kit. Probably get it cheaper on Gearbest. … Beautifull piece of kit. Probably get it cheaper on Gearbest. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Portable-10000mAh-Capacity--Silver/dp/B0118RQ8BS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1479417713&sr=1-2&keywords=xiaomi+power+bank

​100% agree with this. i have 3 in my home and they really are brilliant. i havd a Samsung Galaxy s5 and i get 3 full charges ftom 1 power bank. my 2 daughters use theirs for their iphones and get 2 charges easily each

I'll second that!! Xiaomi power bank is a cracker, very well made lovely design and just feels so chunky!! Bought off Gearbest too without a problem!

Not sure which to go for either the Xiaomi or the Anker powercore? (both 10000mAH)
    Both are highly rated

amazon.co.uk/Ank…ER8

Sandy1012

Not sure which to go for either the Xiaomi or the Anker powercore? (both … Not sure which to go for either the Xiaomi or the Anker powercore? (both 10000mAH)Both are highly ratedhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-Portable-Ultra-Compact-High-Speed/dp/B019GJLER8

I'm trying not to be biased as I already recommend Anker.
    Just looked at both. The Xiaomi is a few quid cheaper but they are 3rd party sellers where as the Anker is sold by Anker and you will get 1st class customer service on returns.
    The Anker also has better feedback to review ratio ie 650 reviews with 9 1star whereas Xiaomi has 175 reviews with 10 1 star.
    I would therefore conclude Anker is the winner.
    Edited by: "rhinopaul" 18th Nov 2016

Amazon.de currently have Anker on a lightnening deal, They dont work out any cheaper after postage but just keep an eye on Amazon.uk as quite often lightening deals follow suit of other Amazon sites.

Original Poster

Think I am going to go for the Anker, purely on the good customer service & 18 month guarantee - thanks so much for your help peeps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions