Anyone regretted buying a Nintendo Switch?

LocalFound 21st Apr 2017
If you do regret buying one what are your reasons?
Community Updates
34 Comments
after completing Zelda, I am back using the U, I would have like to have seen a Wii U Pro - damn Funtendo take my money!
I'd love a Switch, but only want to play one game! Hope more decent titles come out soon.
I had one pre ordered but cancelled and glad i did.

As i said before: All Nintendo need to do for a successful launch, is have a Super Mario game, A Zelda game and a Mario Kart game lined up good to go, on release day. Yes its the 3 biggest games they'll make foe any console but the demand would be huge.

Some argued that it would be too expensive and to be fair £280 + £50 + £50 + £50 would be a bit excessive for most, but you'd still get people buying all 3 games on the day. At the end of the day it'd still be cheaper than the latest flagship mobile.
Don't regret it all. Zelda makes it a totally worthwhile purchase, even more so for the amount of travel I have to do and being able to play on a plane is just awesome.
Cancelled my preorder, i will buy when it has Odyssey, MK9 & Mario Bros.
imo the only reason it's not worth it is if you get a dead pixel Switch or you have somehow completed botw.
Yeah I did. Thankfully I got my money back on it though. Battery life sucked hard which was a real shame as I intended on using it mostly as a handheld.

Zelda was fun for a while then got boring. Besides that all I had to play was FAST RMX which was good but nothing great.

I mean of course I want MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and a few others games but £280 for a console just to play them was too much.

Think I'm just going to stick to adding to my PS4 and XO collections with that money now.
If you've completed/got bored of Zelda, there's still enough good games on the eShop to play. People seem to be overlooking the Indie games which is a shame. I recommend Snake Pass, Snipperclips and Fast RMX. Plus Bomberman is better now with the update. Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart 8 come out next week too, both great fun and even better multiplayer.
RidleyDeckard

Don't regret it all. Zelda makes it a totally worthwhile purchase, even … Don't regret it all. Zelda makes it a totally worthwhile purchase, even more so for the amount of travel I have to do and being able to play on a plane is just awesome.

Yeah totally worth 300quid
Absolutely. £350 for console and limited edition Zelda, which bored me to tears. I've ended up playing Wildlands, Horizon and Titanfall instead. There's nothing else on the console worth playing, or worth the cost. I'd buy bomberman, but by all accounts it's pretty shoddy and not worth the asking price. Mario Kart will be here next week, I'm hoping it will reignite my interest.
Supermod
Can't say I have. Zelda has kept me going back and despite finishing Wonder Boy in a couple of hours there is Lego City ready to go and Mario Kart next week. I hope E3 holds a few surprises as I can't see myself getting ARMS but i'll grab Splatoon 2.
Don't you think they shot themselves in the foot by releasing botw on the Wii u? My lad wanted a switch until he realised that was available, now he's not interested.
Supermod
craigstephens

Don't you think they shot themselves in the foot by releasing botw on the … Don't you think they shot themselves in the foot by releasing botw on the Wii u? My lad wanted a switch until he realised that was available, now he's not interested.

Absolutely not. Imagine the furore if it didn't come to Wii U considering when it was announced in 2013 and exclusively for the Wii U and then delayed. Nintendo know that future titles (not rehashes) will see people getting a Switch if they've held off so far.
Edited by: "magicjay1986" 22nd Apr 2017
Original Poster
Certinfy

Yeah I did. Thankfully I got my money back on it though. Battery life … Yeah I did. Thankfully I got my money back on it though. Battery life sucked hard which was a real shame as I intended on using it mostly as a handheld. Zelda was fun for a while then got boring. Besides that all I had to play was FAST RMX which was good but nothing great. I mean of course I want MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and a few others games but £280 for a console just to play them was too much. Think I'm just going to stick to adding to my PS4 and XO collections with that money now.

​It does seem a lot of money to pay when the best games are already on the Wii U like Zelda, MK8, Lego Undercover and Splatoon. I've also yet to see anyone playing in public like on the train etc making me wonder if people need it as a portable?

I was worried about the battery life also as MK8 is only 3 hours and not sure if that's even playing online over WiFi or not?

With only 1 teraflop of power I just wonder what the future holds for the system in regards to third party developers.
Edited by: "Decoded" 22nd Apr 2017
Original Poster
craigstephens

Don't you think they shot themselves in the foot by releasing botw on the … Don't you think they shot themselves in the foot by releasing botw on the Wii u? My lad wanted a switch until he realised that was available, now he's not interested.

​I totally agree, I think Nintendo really wanted to can the Wii U version to sell more Switch units but they would have faced backlash from all the Wii U fans.
Edited by: "Decoded" 22nd Apr 2017
Not regretting it but havent touched it since completing Zelda. The way I look at it is, It cost me £320 I spent well over 32 hours playing it during work. Time spent playing + hourly wage = Got my moneys worth out of it already X)
Original Poster
MrCollective

Not regretting it but havent touched it since completing Zelda. The way I … Not regretting it but havent touched it since completing Zelda. The way I look at it is, It cost me £320 I spent well over 32 hours playing it during work. Time spent playing + hourly wage = Got my moneys worth out of it already X)

​Any jobs at your place?
Decoded

Any jobs at your place?

Unfortunetly not, as you can tell we are really busy
I'm not regretting it so far and have only purchased the one game for it. Which is obviously zelda. Haven't rushed through playing it. Been exploring absolutely everywhere I can and playing through the story slowly. I've clocked in 85hrs and just onto the second divine beast. Going to give Mario Kart a swerve for two weeks and finish zelda before I invest more on games. I'm in no rush to replay through Mario. But I'm excited to buy it still just not on launch.

As mentioned above by someone. Many seem to be forgetting or not showing interest in the indie titles, those of you a little bored already should invest on one or two they aren't expensive they might just surprise you
Original Poster
MrCollective

​Where I work you'd get shot playing a game in works time. Hell, we can't even have our phones out on display.
Original Poster
crazymonkey

after completing Zelda, I am back using the U, I would have like to have … after completing Zelda, I am back using the U, I would have like to have seen a Wii U Pro - damn Funtendo take my money!

​I would have like to have seen a 3DS in the shape of a 2DS.
mac9091

I had one pre ordered but cancelled and glad i did.As i said before: All … I had one pre ordered but cancelled and glad i did.As i said before: All Nintendo need to do for a successful launch, is have a Super Mario game, A Zelda game and a Mario Kart game lined up good to go, on release day. Yes its the 3 biggest games they'll make foe any console but the demand would be huge.Some argued that it would be too expensive and to be fair £280 + £50 + £50 + £50 would be a bit excessive for most, but you'd still get people buying all 3 games on the day. At the end of the day it'd still be cheaper than the latest flagship mobile.

Completely agree with this, recognisable titles to the mainstream market (no disrespect to the great indie titles) which gives more choice to the consumer and that you are not going to see on PS4/XBONE/PC. Zelda looks great and would love to play but I can imagine that the game is not for everyone and because it is also on the Wii U with no real differences that I can see apart from portability, where is the motivation to get the Switch on launch day.

I think Christmas time will help as Super Mario Odyssey will sell a lot of Switches, sadly I think without some of the bigger 3rd party games like Red Dead Redemption 2 it will become a secondary system for most.
Original Poster
mac9091

I had one pre ordered but cancelled and glad i did.As i said before: All … I had one pre ordered but cancelled and glad i did.As i said before: All Nintendo need to do for a successful launch, is have a Super Mario game, A Zelda game and a Mario Kart game lined up good to go, on release day. Yes its the 3 biggest games they'll make foe any console but the demand would be huge.Some argued that it would be too expensive and to be fair £280 + £50 + £50 + £50 would be a bit excessive for most, but you'd still get people buying all 3 games on the day. At the end of the day it'd still be cheaper than the latest flagship mobile.

​That seems too much of a good idea for Ninty.
MrCollective

​Probably works for the NHS or local Council..
Absolutely not. Zelda has to be the best game I've played in years other than Overwatch, but they're both different games entirely so hard to compare. I've had more family/friend fun with my Switch in 1 month than I have with my PS4 over 2 years due to immediately having 2 controllers and being able to play it anywhere with easy transport. Snipperclips and the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo have been amazing. AND that's without even having MK8 yet, which is always the best with friends around - I don't think any other game compares in that regard. Yeah, it may be a re-release, but what has that got to do with anything. Countless games have GOTY editions available or definitive edition, etc, and many of them put on a later console whether by digital, or by just plain re-release (GTA V.). Whether MK8 gets further DLC or whether MK9 comes out in 18 months or so, I really don't care when it's one of the best games out there...

At the end of the day, it cost less than my PS4 when I bought it years ago, and I was happy paying that and still play it nearly daily. There's plenty of big games to come down the Switch's lifespan and many will be social games which IMO really adds another dimension to it. It may or may not ever get Battlefield/Destiny/etc, but that hardly means it's not going to be a super enjoyable console to have.
Edited by: "SlashingSilence" 22nd Apr 2017
craigstephens

Yes and the rubbish attempt at passing off an old game as new that has loads of people interested in it despite it being out on the U already.

If you hadn't worked it out i'm on about Mario Kart.
Original Poster
Dawsy

​Probably works for the NHS or local Council..

​Or has a shop in Japan selling Xbox One.
Dawsy

Probably works for the NHS or local Council..:D

X) Well done sir
Zelda has been great, still play it now after completing the game, it's ready for my holiday with 1,2 Switch (basically shot mini games) and jack box party pack on the go. Lego city will be bought when it's cheaper and with Mario Kart, splatoon, odyssey, skyrim and Yooka Laylee this year there's plenty to enjoy if you're patient enough!
Nope. Zelda is still keeping me going 80 hours in and I've also got 1,2 Switch, LEGO City, Snake Pass, Snipperclips, World of Goo, Fast RMX, Graceful Explosion Machine, Super Bomberman, Wonder Boy...

On top of that, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out in a few days, then Splatoon 2, Arms, Steep, Skyrim etc.
Alasdair91

Nope. Zelda is still keeping me going 80 hours in and I've also got 1,2 … Nope. Zelda is still keeping me going 80 hours in and I've also got 1,2 Switch, LEGO City, Snake Pass, Snipperclips, World of Goo, Fast RMX, Graceful Explosion Machine, Super Bomberman, Wonder Boy...On top of that, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out in a few days, then Splatoon 2, Arms, Steep, Skyrim etc.

All those and no Mr Shifty?
Definitely not regretting it. I got it through an Argos card so that I didn't have to pay it off straight away and could get myself some games. Zelda is absolutely brilliant and lego city undercover I'm beginning to find fun. Feeling unsure about mario kart but I decided it was better to preorder and get than rather want to get it but it ending up not being available anywhere. If the splatoons mix with mario kart is DLC (which it probably is) then I'll be broke
I was thinking of buying one. Most likely when the price goes down and more games come out as if only play Mk9 and LOZBOTW. And the Virtual console games too (when they appear)
Illusionary

All those and no Mr Shifty? :(;)

I wanted it, but I've read terrible reviews and seen awful footage of it stuttering and juddering. Also, it's a bit expensive for what it is.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions