EXPIRED

Anyone remember the deal on Empire please read this

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but here it goes

Does anyone here remember the deal where you got £20 free on empire stores?
I took up the offer and now I aint paid them and they are saying I owe them £20, they are sending debt collectors letters, a little strange, I am about to email them and see what the deal is with them, I also checked a credit file report and there is a black mark against my name also from them, this is stopping me from opening a bank account and also from getting a mortgage with some lenders

Did anyone else take this offer and did the same happen to them? And does anyone know how I can fix this, I am going to email them now and say to check thier records and remove me from there files!

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Ross

7 Comments

i took this up m8 had a fight with them @the time and sent my goods back. the order code did not work for sale items , i had confirmation emails but they were still bing funny about it, i ended up getting £20 off non sale goods no minimum spend. i have since used lots of other vouchers and i have had everything from 6 suitcases, 3 phones, 2 slow cookers and a 5" tv not to mention , all the £ off.

roscopecochoo

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but here it goesDoes … I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but here it goesDoes anyone here remember the deal where you got £20 free on empire stores? I took up the offer and now I aint paid them and they are saying I owe them £20, they are sending debt collectors letters, a little strange, I am about to email them and see what the deal is with them, I also checked a credit file report and there is a black mark against my name also from them, this is stopping me from opening a bank account and also from getting a mortgage with some lendersDid anyone else take this offer and did the same happen to them? And does anyone know how I can fix this, I am going to email them now and say to check thier records and remove me from there files!Any help would be appreciatedThanksRoss

That sound rough Ross, i hope you can sort this out.

Welcome to HUKD :-D

Empire denied me credit on buying some speakers 3 years ago - no idea why.
They send me a letter every year asking if I want to buy an additional year's warranty on the product they didn't even let me have. Makes my blood boil, will never buy anything off them now.

roscopecochoo

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but here it goesDoes … I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but here it goesDoes anyone here remember the deal where you got £20 free on empire stores? I took up the offer and now I aint paid them and they are saying I owe them £20, they are sending debt collectors letters, a little strange, I am about to email them and see what the deal is with them, I also checked a credit file report and there is a black mark against my name also from them, this is stopping me from opening a bank account and also from getting a mortgage with some lendersDid anyone else take this offer and did the same happen to them? And does anyone know how I can fix this, I am going to email them now and say to check thier records and remove me from there files!Any help would be appreciatedThanksRoss

Welcome to HUKD :thumbsup:
Sorry to hear about this problem but to be honest 'one black mark' should NOT stop you getting a Bank Account or Mortgage.
You MUST have had at least one letter from from Empire before they passed it on to a debt collection company.
If you are going to write to them, I strongly advise you send it by Recorded Delivery or even Special Delivery.

You might even consider contacting the CAB.
Good luck.:thumbsup:

I thought you had gone forever Dino!!!! Glad to see you back

Hi bazzaric :-D Thanks for the warm welcome.
I came 'back' to get hold of saxo (Lee) but I'm going to stay after all the warm welcomes I've received.
Merry Christmas :santa:

Was this the deal?

]http//ww…ugo

That's the one I remember getting for a tenner...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)11
    2. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)713
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1923
    4. Problem with new double glazed installation99

See more discussions