Expired

Anyone remember the early bitcoin sites?

Found 30th May
I know I joined one way back in the early days. I've just found my password but i don't know what site it's for, all I've written down is Bitcoin. Cheers.
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
33884388-zq0t8.jpg
would it have been a wallet such as coinbase?
emodan34 m ago

would it have been a wallet such as coinbase?

Honestly I can't remember. I used to buy from a site (bought from there 3 times), the 4th time I tried they were only accepting bitcoin. So I remember opening an account. So it has to be from the early days of bitcoin.
RiverDragon81 h, 18 m ago

Honestly I can't remember. I used to buy from a site (bought from there 3 …Honestly I can't remember. I used to buy from a site (bought from there 3 times), the 4th time I tried they were only accepting bitcoin. So I remember opening an account. So it has to be from the early days of bitcoin.

Can't you check any emails?
Contact the site you bought off, they should have details - though if they only accepted bitcoin it's highly unlikely they will deal with anyone without a court order. WHAT were you buying? actually, don't answer that
Edited by: "mrty" 30th May
I bought some bitcoin years ago. The site has wanted to join accepted bitcoin and I thought it would be cool to figure out what they were all about.

So I bought 30 and spent 10. Leaving the 20 for another day. Cost around 50p each then.

Cant for the life of me remember what site it was. Never did use the other 20. I don’t even want to know what they’d be worth now (or worse. A few months back when it hit 10k+).
Wotan56 m ago

I bought some bitcoin years ago. The site has wanted to join accepted …I bought some bitcoin years ago. The site has wanted to join accepted bitcoin and I thought it would be cool to figure out what they were all about. So I bought 30 and spent 10. Leaving the 20 for another day. Cost around 50p each then. Cant for the life of me remember what site it was. Never did use the other 20. I don’t even want to know what they’d be worth now (or worse. A few months back when it hit 10k+).

So somewhere in t'internet you've got 20 bitcoin? I'll help you look for a 50% share.
psychobitchfromhell30th May

So somewhere in t'internet you've got 20 bitcoin? I'll help you look for a …So somewhere in t'internet you've got 20 bitcoin? I'll help you look for a 50% share.

Yep! Not a single clue what site I used.
Wotan10 m ago

Yep! Not a single clue what site I used.

Oh heck!
try blockchain.com/. I think they were one of the first online bitcoin wallets
niffer151 m ago

try https://www.blockchain.com/. I think they were one of the first online …try https://www.blockchain.com/. I think they were one of the first online bitcoin wallets

Thanks! I actually have a coin base account so I don’t think it is that.
Dyslexic_Dog8 m ago

No, I wouldn't have thought they would of bought sausages using bitcoins!

whole lotta sausages.
Dyslexic_Dog1 m ago

Wasn't that a Fats Domino song?

I was thinking more of whole lotta rosie by acdc
Wotan41 m ago

Thanks! I actually have a coin base account so I don’t think it is that.

Coinbase was not around in the early days. Could be a password to a bitocin wallet.dat or blockchain.com
Look at your old bank/credit card statements.
20 Bitcoin equals
£113,056.57 Pound sterling

You welcome!
Edited by: "gcmarcal" 31st May
gcmarcal5 h, 24 m ago

20 Bitcoin equals£113,056.57 Pound sterlingYou welcome!

To be honest it doesn’t bother me. It’s worth nothing because I don’t know where they are. Not like I know but can’t access the site because I’ve lost my password etc. So I’ve never had in the first place.

It was years ago, the site could well be closed by now so pointless getting upset over money I never had.
Early sites Poloniex, Bittrex, Coinbase, Kraken, yobit,
Btcc is the oldest I think
Wotan30th May

I bought some bitcoin years ago. The site has wanted to join accepted …I bought some bitcoin years ago. The site has wanted to join accepted bitcoin and I thought it would be cool to figure out what they were all about. So I bought 30 and spent 10. Leaving the 20 for another day. Cost around 50p each then. Cant for the life of me remember what site it was. Never did use the other 20. I don’t even want to know what they’d be worth now (or worse. A few months back when it hit 10k+).

Solidi?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions