Expired

Anyone remember the story books where you can make choices to change the ending?

Found 10th Jan 2014
Hi all

Im looking for the books where during the story it had questions and you were taken to the corresponding page dependant on what answer you wanted to follow, thus chaging the ending of the story". For the life of me i remember reading them when i was younger but cant seem to find them now?
I have however found a set of 'choose your own adventure' books which have a similar layout, though im sure these were not them.
I seem to re call the book in particular being rumple stiltskin....anyone any ideas? I would say the age range for this book was probably around 4-6?!.

Thank you

1. Misc
  2. Book
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Book
17 Comments

Mod

Goosebumps did this with some of their books. Not suitable for that age though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Give_Yourself_Goosebumps

Quick google also came up with this:
en.wikipedia.org/wik…ure

do you mean game books?

I used to love the "choose your own adventure" books back in the day (early/mid eighties).

Amazed I never broke my fingers or developed arthritis from using my fingers as bookmarks whilst scoping all the different pages you could turn to from the last few options I'd picked.

My boys used to love them, fantastic fiction have a list of different titles in the "choose your own adventure" series

Dungeons and dragons books?

Not sure about that age group. The ones I mainly read when I was younger were part of the huge Fighting Fantasy collection started by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone. Good times, and I still have them all.:)

Edited by: "Quietus" 10th Jan 2014

Fighting Fantasy? (or something like that) Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone wrote them i think.

Bah! Beaten by mere seconds!

cdm22

Bah! Beaten by mere seconds!

You obviously failed when testing your luck.:D

Ahhhh, memories.....

beast quest had a version of this

loved those books

Original Poster

Although i also remember all of the above - in fact i bought my eldest the 'choose your own adventure' book set, but im sure they are not them. All the above and this collection seem too intricate with too many endings and also probably at a slightly higher reading age than i recall of the book im refering to.
I think it may have only have 2/3 endings and remember it being quite a young readers book, not complicated... maybe up to the age of 7-8 max. Does anyone else have any idea?

Edited by: "kimberly81" 10th Jan 2014

R A Montgomery did quite a few for younger readers, and it sounds like the books didn't really have ways to fail, only to alter the story, which sounds like it's closer to what you're after.

Used to Love love love those! Will watch post

Quietus

Not sure about that age group. The ones I mainly read when I was younger … Not sure about that age group. The ones I mainly read when I was younger were part of the huge Fighting Fantasy collection started by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone. Good times, and I still have them all.:)

I got every one of those out from the library when I was younger! They were great!! I'm not sure it would keep kids amused as much these days anymore though.

I used to read them about 30 or so years ago!! I'm sure that I got them from cereal boxes - Weetabix or Tony the Tiger from Frosties - I'm sure that it had a picture of him on the front???? I loved reading them and I searched for something similar for my own daughter to read. I did find a set of stories from Moshi Monsters called 'pick your path' books, link here. I got the set from Asda and although the stories don't seem to be as good or as gripping as the ones that I remember, the idea is the same and my daughter does enjoy reading them. x

Banned

awww dungeons and dragons used to read them when i was 12 lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions