Anyone remember these? | Favourite childhood toys & games

Posted 15th Jan 2021
I was clearing the attic and found some toys and games from my childhood. I just wondered if anyone remembers these. I have both (these exact same ones), bought when I was a kid - I have used images from the internet because I need to clean the dust off the ones from the attic. They're full of it

3648534.jpg
Slot / Fruit Machine - Pull the lever and stop the reels. Two matching bells, cherries or 7's in a row followed by any symbol wins 2 coins. Three matching bells wins 6 coins, three matching cherries wins 12 coins and three matching 7's wins 20 coins (jackpot!) - I do remember the plastic coins had a really horrible smell, although now I think about it, probably was so children didn't try eating them similar to the Nintendo Switch cartridge situation - after all, they are a choking hazard. I do now wonder why a slot / fruit machine was marketed to kids, surely it just encourages gambling? I enjoyed it, regardless

3648534.jpg
Fun Size Vending Machine - This was good and uses no batteries. Would only vend if a coin is inserted (door can be opened though of course without a coin)

Did anyone have these? Do you miss them? What are your favourite childhood toys and games? Let's start the discussion in the comments!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
20 Comments
Post a comment