Anyone remember these googly eye fluffy things? What they even called! ?

Found 10th Dec 2015
Pic in first post. You still see them sometimes nowadays but they was everywhere in the early to mid 90s, near on every company had their own version of them. Weve always called em "googlys" (however you wanna spell it) . Used to have lots of them but all since gone walk about. Except the 2 in the pic, which managed to sneak into the house...

Cant imagine a company ringing up asking if they could order some of them "fluffy googly eye things with sticky feet". They must have a proper name
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Original Poster
http://s9.postimg.org/5r3fuiy67/Fluffything.jpg
haha we have some at work but have no idea what they are called
Logobug!
Air freshener, sticks on dash of your car. Got one the other week in a promotional pack off avivia.
pm'd you
they were always called 'Gonks' when I was a kid...
These were a massive craze at one time!

One woman I worked with covered every possible space on her monitor and desk area with them!

darklight

pm'd you

Why do people do this? Just put your answer in the thread.
Logo bugs

logo-bugs.net
http://www.pgpromotionalitems.co.uk/products/promotional-logobugs

Im so tempted to order a truckload of these to decorate someone at work's desk!
RossD89

They do it just to annoy you X) They're really talking about you via PM
They're known as weepul (also known as a weeple, wuppie, or wuppet)
Original Poster
Seems like they have a lot of names then. Just seemed weird they never seemed to have an official name despite being well known
buttonpushervic

they were always called 'Gonks' when I was a kid...

We called these Gonks when I was young.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/175/422904365_23993d4b4e_b.jpg
I thought this was another Jeremy Corbyn thread
Mark2111

These were a massive craze at one time!One woman I worked with covered … These were a massive craze at one time!One woman I worked with covered every possible space on her monitor and desk area with them!

​haha!
RossD89

Crave attention and interaction, which you just gave them.
Dear God, I'd forgotten about these. I had loads when I was little - usually from some huge pharmaceutical company with questionable ethics which I'd gleefully stick to my bed.
I had lots too, they were always from days out or school trips!
Known as gonks to me also.
These aren't gonks. These are logo bugs. We used to order them for promotional purposes at one of my work places. You chose your logo and had it printed on the tag.

Gonks are those horrible cheap looking furry things you got at funfairs made of the cheapest fake fur stuff, usually lime green with goggly eyes, , that someone posted already. Or gonks from my heyday were little wooden characters usually with a horned helmet or sword or shield, furry hair and beard and often a kilt. eg. img0.etsystatic.com/000…jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants