Anyone replaced their corded vacuum with a Dyson v8 was it a good investment?

Found 23rd Feb
Had my corded vacuum a few years now, nothing wrong it just a pain in the ass to keep unplugging and plugging bumping into furniture etc.

How good is the v8 is the suction good or useless? And what are they like on hard floors? Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I switched to a V6 - previous model I know but this was about 18 months ago just before v8 was out.
Haven’t looked back
It is excellent but does have a couple of downsides
Main one is size of the dust collector and the other is the battery life - but the portability and ease of use is much better than the old corded number!
I would recommend it.
No but we bought an Animal. Will not give up the Miele as its a proper hoover. V powerful and large capacity. Animal has a small dirt capacity and dont believe Dyson when they infer its filter free etc. lots of nooks and crannies for dirt to build up in so it needs a clean now and then

It was expensive but a bargain at around £250.

Having both is useful if money is not the problem and all the more so since we acquired a semi planned dog over Xmas.
TH8220 m ago

I switched to a V6 - previous model I know but this was about 18 months …I switched to a V6 - previous model I know but this was about 18 months ago just before v8 was out. Haven’t looked backIt is excellent but does have a couple of downsidesMain one is size of the dust collector and the other is the battery life - but the portability and ease of use is much better than the old corded number!I would recommend it.

Do you get your vacuuming done a lot quicker or is there not much in it? I have looked at the v6 and still tempted as it is so cheap as refurb but have read the dust is a right pain to get out?
ccnp2 h, 3 m ago

No but we bought an Animal. Will not give up the Miele as its a proper …No but we bought an Animal. Will not give up the Miele as its a proper hoover. V powerful and large capacity. Animal has a small dirt capacity and dont believe Dyson when they infer its filter free etc. lots of nooks and crannies for dirt to build up in so it needs a clean now and thenIt was expensive but a bargain at around £250.Having both is useful if money is not the problem and all the more so since we acquired a semi planned dog over Xmas.

Miele cat & dog best vac we ever had, blow one sucking up DIY dust as the mrs removed the filter and didn't replace it. New one we bought last year only cost about £100 I think certainly not £250.
a cordless cannot replace a corded ,but they are handy for quick cereal spills etc
jamstaruk197235 m ago

a cordless cannot replace a corded ,but they are handy for quick cereal …a cordless cannot replace a corded ,but they are handy for quick cereal spills etc

Why can they not replace corded , not powerful enough for job yet ?
adamwilko0071 h, 2 m ago

Why can they not replace corded , not powerful enough for job yet ?

a cordless will never be able to replace corded due to power,it might get better but never replace until we no longer have a corded option
Bought a Dyson V8 last year and the Missus swears by it. Hetty Hoover hasn’t been out from under the stairs since! Well worth it. (N.B. Our entire downstairs is tiled/wooden floor - our only carpets are Hall, landing and stairs, and the bedrooms)
We recently bought a V7 animal (refurbished) and are quite impressed with it. Like the previous poster we also have a Henry but for quick clean ups etc we now use the Dyson as it's so handy!
Evouk31 m ago

We recently bought a V7 animal (refurbished) and are quite impressed with …We recently bought a V7 animal (refurbished) and are quite impressed with it. Like the previous poster we also have a Henry but for quick clean ups etc we now use the Dyson as it's so handy!

Is there a reason the v7 could not be a full replacement to your Henry?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants