Anyone returned a Huawei phone for a warranty repair before?

Found 1st Sep 2017
They're asking when i return mine that i must give the original receipt. I bought it brand new sealed off gumtree. The chap had it as a O2 upgrade, i've asked him for the invoice but he said it was binned a while back.

Huawei are asking me to contact o2 to get the invoice.

Also my phone has a little scuff on the top corner.. Huawei said if theres any marks at all then the warranty is void. Wtf?.

I've never had this hassle returning any other brand under warranty. Other brands they just want to know the IMEI to see when it was likely sold in the market.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments

Bought of Gumtree ! Nicked ? no wonder the "seller " has no receipt . Buy at your peril from Gumtree
Edited by: "rogparki" 1st Sep 2017

Original Poster

rogparki15 m ago

Bought of Gumtree ! Nicked ? no waonder the "seller " has no receipt . Buy …Bought of Gumtree ! Nicked ? no waonder the "seller " has no receipt . Buy at your peril from Gumtree

That is not the answer to the question im asking.

And no its not nicked. I've had it for 4 months and it was working fine up until last week. Its developed a fault with the camera.

Nicked means its reported stolen and therefore will be blacklisted. Which its not and has absolutely nothing to do with the questions i am asking.

Quit the scare tactics and jumping to conclusions.

If it was an upgrade, there would be no problem with him contacting O2 to get a copy of the receipt.
I've had to send my Huawei tablet back before, and there was no issue, just had to give them the IMEI number and personal info.

J4GG415 m ago

That is not the answer to the question im asking.And no its not nicked. …That is not the answer to the question im asking.And no its not nicked. I've had it for 4 months and it was working fine up until last week. Its developed a fault with the camera.Nicked means its reported stolen and therefore will be blacklisted. Which its not and has absolutely nothing to do with the questions i am asking.Quit the scare tactics and jumping to conclusions.

What is the question you are asking ? - Has anyone returned an item, Huawei , or for that matter any other manufacturer without a receipt ? Best of Luck . However I do admire your trust in fellow human beings (including Gumtree sellers ).

Original Poster

iant671 h, 16 m ago

If it was an upgrade, there would be no problem with him contacting O2 to …If it was an upgrade, there would be no problem with him contacting O2 to get a copy of the receipt.I've had to send my Huawei tablet back before, and there was no issue, just had to give them the IMEI number and personal info.

Did you send a receipt with your return then?.

Original Poster

rogparki1 h, 14 m ago

What is the question you are asking ? - Has anyone returned an item, …What is the question you are asking ? - Has anyone returned an item, Huawei , or for that matter any other manufacturer without a receipt ? Best of Luck . However I do admire your trust in fellow human beings (including Gumtree sellers ).

Have never had to return a item under warranty with a receipt or invoice. IMEI's or S/N's are usually logged on a up to date, accurate system. As for gumtree buying, that isn't the problem here. I bought it new and working fine, it developed a fault which has nothing to do with gumtree. Im probably the most wary person when buying things on gumtree you'll ever meet. I make calculated decisions when buying, and actually for the first time in my life i sent this guy a bank transfer since he lived on the other side of the country. He shipped the goods as promised. I have a good instinct when it comes to assessing a seller, so you don't need to worry about me. But thanks for your concerns

Ask the guy to contact O2 and ask for a copy of the invoice/delivery note etc. It seems your issue is not likely to be with Huawei or the seller but more likely with O2s willingness to help. I imagine that Huawei need to make sure the warranty is transferable under the conditions of sale.
Edited by: "mrty" 2nd Sep 2017

When you buy things like these on gumtreee bear in mind the warranty conditions!!
You didn't pay for it at o2 so obviously they would like a receipt. Its basically a tactic to save them money

J4GG419 h, 50 m ago

Did you send a receipt with your return then?.

No, I did not have to send a receipt. All they asked for was my IMEI number and some personal info.

Bought a lg g4 off ebay and could not get a warranty repair even though phone was 8 months old. Not bought from a official supplier

Why are you sending it back?

If it's the cosmetic damage then of course they wouldn't repair it.

If it's mechanically faulty, nothing to do with the cosmetic damage and it's less than a year old then they have to repair/replace. If it's over a year, you may as well sell it on Gumtree.

Original Poster

hairray2 h, 17 m ago

Why are you sending it back?If it's the cosmetic damage then of course …Why are you sending it back?If it's the cosmetic damage then of course they wouldn't repair it.If it's mechanically faulty, nothing to do with the cosmetic damage and it's less than a year old then they have to repair/replace. If it's over a year, you may as well sell it on Gumtree.

Camera wont focus.

Less than 8 months old.

They wont accept it back unfortunately and Its not worth the risk since they'll ask for £14 to return it!.

I found the part i need for £10, so I will make the repair myself. Not too bad after all. Will take note that LG and HUAWEI don't accept without a receipt. Which is fine, but the fact that other manufacturers such as Samsung and Apple have a more advanced system in place where they don't ask for a receipt makes me wonder why im using other brands.

Ah well a tenner isn't too bad. I'd advise against Samsung, their after sales is terrible. I've had two TVs go wonky in the last 6 months under a year old and I was borderline issuing death threats to get them to do anything!

Original Poster

hairray4 h, 39 m ago

Ah well a tenner isn't too bad. I'd advise against Samsung, their after …Ah well a tenner isn't too bad. I'd advise against Samsung, their after sales is terrible. I've had two TVs go wonky in the last 6 months under a year old and I was borderline issuing death threats to get them to do anything!

Not had a problem with a TV yet, so luckily i can't comment. But i returned a TEAC AVR under warranty without a receipt with no problems. 7 years ago i did return a Samsung phone under warranty without a receipt, but they claimed i water damaged it, which i didn't. So i do have a bad experience with Samsung mobile returns.

Sony seem to be the best i've dealt with though. Returned various xperia phones. Despite a good repair service and after sales, i still wouldn't touch another Sony phone again until they up their game with the build quality though.

Sony used to have the best interface for phones. When Apple came along it kind of put a spanner in the works for them. I buy all electrical products from either John Lewis or Richer Sounds. Easy to deal with.

I had a problem with a Huawei phone (got stuck in an endless boot loop when upgrading to Android 7.1.2, a know design defect). I returned the phone to them in mid-August. Over two months and multiple calls, a letter, and an email, later, and I still don't have the phone back. The worst customer service ever. They are not fit for the consumer market.
Post a comment
@
    Text