Anyone returned a sealed game to Argos recently?

Found 8th Oct 2011
When I bought the game I'm sure the salesperson said that as long as the game was still sealed it could be returned which is what it also states on the website however on the receipt it simply states excluded from the 30 day guarantee with no mention of condition. I've been doing some searching and there seems to be a variety of experiences with returning games so thought I'd see if anyone has any recent experience?

Thanks,
John
Community Updates
10 Comments
30 day money back guarentee is if you change your mind hence why games are excluded as you could finish them in that time
Original Poster
vicknanth

30 day money back guarentee is if you change your mind hence why games … 30 day money back guarentee is if you change your mind hence why games are excluded as you could finish them in that time

As I said in the topic, the game is sealed.

John
if its sealed its fine
vicknanth

30 day money back guarentee is if you change your mind hence why games … 30 day money back guarentee is if you change your mind hence why games are excluded as you could finish them in that time

I know we don't always read long OP's properly, but it says in the title that it is sealed (_;)
its fine, i bought 4 games from them yesterday, and the lady made it quite clear you can only return them if still sealed, with there consoles you can only return them if there faulty, even if there sealed they wont take them back.
Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies, its worth knowing what to expect before going to the store. I took the game back today and no problem at all getting a refund.

John
So whats to stop you buying a game at Argos for £40 and then buying the same one online for say, £25, a couple weeks later and then returning the new sealed one back to Argos?
Edited by: "flyingflea" 9th Oct 2011
flyingflea

So whats to stop you buying a game at Argos for £40 and then buying the … So whats to stop you buying a game at Argos for £40 and then buying the same one online for say, £25, a couple weeks later and then returning the new sealed one back to Argos?

Morals?

I jest.
Original Poster
flyingflea

So whats to stop you buying a game at Argos for £40 and then buying the … So whats to stop you buying a game at Argos for £40 and then buying the same one online for say, £25, a couple weeks later and then returning the new sealed one back to Argos?

The online one will be missing the Argos label which I think they need before they take it back.

John
Johnmcl7

The online one will be missing the Argos label which I think they need … The online one will be missing the Argos label which I think they need before they take it back.John

I've returned plenty of things to Argos without that label or sometimes without any packaging at all and they've always happily refunded or exchanged the items.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants