Groups

Anyone see the honda advert?

What'd everyone think of it? cheers, dan.

41 Comments

Which one?

ooh yeh, thought i was amazing! V. clever

Magic_monkey;2202902

Which one?

On 1 few mins ago - first ever LIVE advert - u missed it then?? lol

Very good, well done them.....
    Now, I must go and ring Honda about a car.....

hannah19790;2202911

On 1 few mins ago - first ever LIVE advert - u missed it then?? lol

Oh man, I missed out on TV history!? Why didn't I know about this!?
    What did they do?
    Honda ads are very cool most of the time.

Yes I saw it, thought it was brilliant :lol:

yeah..very good...didn't think they were gonna manage the N lol.

honda certainly make the best ads and arguably cars.

I didnt see it, doh

Banned

charltom;2202951

I didnt see it, doh

Same here, I was in the bath, is it on you tube yet?

Magic_monkey;2202931

Oh man, I missed out on TV history!? Why didn't I know about this!?What … Oh man, I missed out on TV history!? Why didn't I know about this!?What did they do?Honda ads are very cool most of the time.

There was a thread about it earlier - only reason I knew. 45 (or so) men jumped out of plane (with parachutes of course) and made (holding hands ect) each of the letters of Honda. Sorry if I've not explained it very well. x

thegazman;2202938

Yeh, I know - I thought that too x

Its on C4 +1 at 9.10PM :thumbsup:

masterbrown;2203011

but it's not live then!! :whistling:

masterbrown;2203011

ah of course! cheers :-D

Imagine if someone forgot a parachute., oops!

very brave of Honda ...
    I bet it had the highest viewing numbers for an advert ever ...

I just realised I was recording come dine with me so got to watch it, (not live) it was amazing.

damn, missed it

Don't worry guys, you can watch it online at the Honda Website.

Gimme a sec, ill get a link ;-)

EDIT : When watching the advert, it said look on the Honda website to watch again, it's not up yet though....

It was Fantastic !

saw it on c4+1, was excellent, spelt out honda
    it said to watch online at honda.co.uk

well done honda great advert

Thought it was brilliant!

Caught it on +1. Very cool.
    Got a bit anxious when they were spending ages on the N!
    Thought they might not manage it!

sharpgx15;2203371

saw it on c4+1, was excellent, spelt out hondait said to watch online at … saw it on c4+1, was excellent, spelt out hondait said to watch online at honda.co.uk

Yeah, that's what I see.

Couldn't find it on the website however.

Original Poster

Yeh, I know - I thought that too x

Caught it on +1. Very cool.
    Got a bit anxious when they were spending ages on the N!
    Thought they might not manage it!

Lol agreed with you three, i got a bid worried too! :P

ye they took ages to do the N the rushed the D so it looked more like an O and then at the end had like 20 seconds of them just floating around in their parachutes...so they could have perfected the D a bit more
    but i guess it was live lol so well done to them i guess
    i wouldn't even go parachute jumping!

Original Poster

lol agreed numpty

numptyj;2204299

ye they took ages to do the N the rushed the D so it looked more like an … ye they took ages to do the N the rushed the D so it looked more like an O and then at the end had like 20 seconds of them just floating around in their parachutes...so they could have perfected the D a bit morebut i guess it was live lol so well done to them i guessi wouldn't even go parachute jumping!

But if they spent that 20 seconds free-falling then the last shot would have probably been them splattered all over the floor.
    You'd drop quite far in 20 seconds lol

Just found the link for the recording of the live ad. Pity I missed the live ad.

honda.co.uk/acc…rd/

4241mackay;2204262

i got a bid worried too! :P

Me too but the advert was still ****. Rather watch Cadburys racers any day:p

Did anyone think the best bit of the whole ad was near the end when one of the parachutists had 'Hello Mum!' Written on his gloves? Makes me well up thinking about it,, soppy git I am

Shengis;2205045

Me too but the advert was still ****. Rather watch Cadburys racers any … Me too but the advert was still ****. Rather watch Cadburys racers any day:p

That's an awesome ad.

I love Honda Ads. They make me feel happy, and wonder "what is the point of that?" hehe.

duckmagicuk2;2205423

That's an awesome ad.I love Honda Ads. They make me feel happy, and … That's an awesome ad.I love Honda Ads. They make me feel happy, and wonder "what is the point of that?" hehe.

Yup, i know what you mean - strangest thing about this one is to me though, is you never actually see a single product in the ad which they are synonymous with? The one which left me totally confused was from a few years back. The background music was a pounding drum beat, and the theme was a frantic disjointed urban car journey ending up with the words "things could be worse - you could live in Orpington" I DID live there for about 25 years, and i can think of far worse places on the planet to live!!:?

I found it funny as it was a honda ad yet im sure at the beginning the camera man had a BMW

charltom;2205861

I found it funny as it was a honda ad yet im sure at the beginning the … I found it funny as it was a honda ad yet im sure at the beginning the camera man had a BMW

it's an accord: better than BMW you could say .. : thumbsup:

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop-800x496/honda_accord_2_2w.jpg

Well that was the point of the ad, the launch of the new Accord:

http://photocarsonline.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/2009-honda-accord/2009-honda-accord-3.jpg

Note how beefier the **** looks.

he white one is a GT but the new one looks sik!

a better car http://www.astonvauxhall.co.uk/contribute-images/insignia_hz.JPG

numptyj;2204299

ye they took ages to do the N the rushed the D so it looked more like an … ye they took ages to do the N the rushed the D so it looked more like an O and then at the end had like 20 seconds of them just floating around in their parachutes...so they could have perfected the D a bit morebut i guess it was live lol so well done to them i guessi wouldn't even go parachute jumping!

the D was fine
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…99
      2. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​45
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764339
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416147

See more discussions