Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone send me HP Microserver (N36L) Bios Update?

Where better to ask then where everyone owns a Microserver!

I have been trying to install Server 2012 Standard for 2 days and found that it is most lightly hanging as i need a bios update... I went to install it but found out HP will only let people with a warranty get it!!!

I will be querying how you can do this when it is a fault with there system and as such bios updates should be free but would like to get this install finished tonight so wondered if anyone got the extended warranty and can pm me an upload of a file from hp?

Thanks

8 Comments

Does anyone else have trouble with the gigabit port? Mine only works at Ethernet speed. Bios updated, drivers updated. Am running win 7 32bit. I wonder whether it needs 64bit win to run properly?

Mine is also N36 micoserver, 6gb ram win7 32bit, 3x wd green 3tb drives.

nedford

Does anyone else have trouble with the gigabit port? Mine only works at … Does anyone else have trouble with the gigabit port? Mine only works at Ethernet speed. Bios updated, drivers updated. Am running win 7 32bit. I wonder whether it needs 64bit win to run properly?

Is everything else that's connected to your network also gigabit? Is it connected to a gigabit router?

Original Poster

Thanks... Regrettably That didn't seem do the trick and I was rushed at work so no hp time, will have to try tomorrow I guess.

Has anyone had the server 2012 install hang on the spinning dots loading screen?
    Btw that's genuine thanks
    Edited by: "jamhops" 24th Jul 2014

BeerDrinker

Is everything else that's connected to your network also gigabit? Is it … Is everything else that's connected to your network also gigabit? Is it connected to a gigabit router?

Yep, my pc is gigabit, the switch is gigabit and all works at this speed but the server. when looking at connection details on Windows 7 on the server it says 100mbps, on my pc it says 1000mbps

nedford

Yep, my pc is gigabit, the switch is gigabit and all works at this speed … Yep, my pc is gigabit, the switch is gigabit and all works at this speed but the server. when looking at connection details on Windows 7 on the server it says 100mbps, on my pc it says 1000mbps

Check settings in device manager for the network adapter. It should be similar to this (this is Win 8.1 but 7 is pretty much the same)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/pb10/speed_zpsc0b0d12f.png

Setting should either be Auto or 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex. If it's on one, try switching to the other.

BeerDrinker

Check settings in device manager for the network adapter. It should be … Check settings in device manager for the network adapter. It should be similar to this (this is Win 8.1 but 7 is pretty much the same)Setting should either be Auto or 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex. If it's on one, try switching to the other.

I have been to that page and 1gb is not available.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oculus Desktop - new or used22
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …44
      3. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?22
      4. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?44

See more discussions