anyone sending or receiving parcels with MyHermes

Posted 18th Mar
just received this email from MyHermes about how they will go about making deliveries
3424193-b6rKp.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Contact free delivery, even when the person is in? No change in policy I see.
Deliveries being signed for by drivers, parcels dumped wherever they feel like, I don’t see any change to their service
Edited by: "choccie32" 18th Mar
17 Comments
Yep got one due to be delivered tomorrow and there's nowhere to out it. It's gonna be interesting!
Contact free delivery, even when the person is in? No change in policy I see.
Never receive my parcels in the first place so this ain’t much of a change
jamie1518/03/2020 18:17

Contact free delivery, even when the person is in? No change in policy I …Contact free delivery, even when the person is in? No change in policy I see.

Yes they like to put them in a bin whenever possible or over the fence as they have done to me in the past
Deliveries being signed for by drivers, parcels dumped wherever they feel like, I don’t see any change to their service
Edited by: "choccie32" 18th Mar
Well that's me not sending anything by Hermes any time soon!
Alexandralocks18/03/2020 18:37

Yes they like to put them in a bin whenever possible or over the fence as …Yes they like to put them in a bin whenever possible or over the fence as they have done to me in the past

Thankfully I've got a really good courier at the moment, but Hermes is very much dependant on who you get.
choccie3218/03/2020 18:39

Deliveries being signed for by drivers, parcels dumped whoever they feel …Deliveries being signed for by drivers, parcels dumped whoever they feel like, I don’t see any change to their service

I send packages with Hermes all the time, half the packages that I check signature of are just a squiggle, clearly done by the driver!
My postman will knock and leave on door step. New rules from last week but new information today
Will they still be kicking my parcel to the door?
Might be something to do with averaging 50p per parcel and not getting a penny for non delivery of items, even after 3 attempts. You pay your own petrol so if you have 1 parcel to deliver on a road and have to do it three times without getting a penny for it, wouldn't you try to leave it for the customer rather than send it back to the original seller? As for kicking parcels, when the courier collects the parcel it's been thrown around by 20 different people so isn't the courier that makes a mess if them. Not all Hermes drivers make a mess of it, some go out if their way to get the parcel to the customer, even if it means waiting 20 mins for them to get back as they're running late and then averaging £3 for that hour due to losing so much time and still having to pay petrol. Not everyone is the same but they struggle to keep workers with such low pay so the ones that aren't regular don't care so much. If you're lucky enough to have a courier that is willing to work for peanuts so that customers get their parcels, especially at this crucial time then you should realise how hard they work for that £6 an hour without petrol in most cases.
Had a delivery from them yesterday. The lady asked if I wanted to accept the parcel then placed it on the step when I said I did. Her next question was do you wish to sign for it or should I sign on your behalf so she signed for me. No problems at all.
Still waiting for a delivery from 2 weeks ago. Tracking still says out for delivery on 6th March. Useless.....
I think all the couriers policy now is non contact deliveries. Customers are no longer being asked to sign. Lots of delivery drivers have now gone sick. Personally I don’t think parcels will be delivered for much longer. Everyone is ordering lots of things whilst at home and the couriers haven’t got enough drivers to deliver.
Edited by: "Pilsbury12" 18th Mar
The email is a little odd it says they offer contact free up to the doorstep, then they tell you to pick a safe place but you can’t put in front doorstep and ring the door bell even if you will be in. Our delivery guy is great but let’s see what fun this new rule brings.
This is the same for all couriers now to help prevent the spread.
Not very well thought out. Will cause nightmare recipient signature identification issues if the van driver signs on behalf on any recipient whose first name is Vanessa.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants