Anyone sent any special delivery letters recently ?

7 replies
Found 21st Dec 2010
How long are the guaranteed 9.00 deliveries taking - any one had any experience of this service recently ?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

i sent a special guaranteed by 1pm yesterday and didnt arrive today. i can get a refund on my postage from royal mail right?

Original Poster

we sent one yesterday only to be told today that they don't guarantee any post at the moment. I don't want to go on about the weather in this country, but it really does come to a stop - most of the roads are fine and people are still using the weather as an excuse to do f*ck all in this country
Edited by: "james02" 21st Dec 2010

Original Poster

mumbojumbo

Royal Mail have suspended the guaranteed date delivery, so no … Royal Mail have suspended the guaranteed date delivery, so no compensation.

How is it then that retailers don't suspend services ? I am not in the retail trade, but from what I am told if they don't turn up they don't get paid.

I sent a Special Delivery parcel on Tuesday which arrived after lunch (not with normal post) today (Wednesday). The Royal Mail would not guarantee next day, or even Christmas, delivery but I'm really happy that the item get there in time (it did cost £8.49 or something extortionate for a 1.2kg package).

post office told me today they cant guarantee next day, I cant really complain though, I can't get my car off my street.

Original Poster

forest2002

post office told me today they cant guarantee next day, I cant really … post office told me today they cant guarantee next day, I cant really complain though, I can't get my car off my street.

can't you walk ! Or is that it, an early Christmas for you !!

james02

can't you walk ! Or is that it, an early Christmas for you !!

I don't follow, I walked to the post office as my car is snowed in.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4378
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247617
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322855
    4. word association Game74244904

See more discussions