Anyone speak with a forked tongue on here?

Found 3rd Aug
People who have their tongues split deliberately are putting their health at serious risk, surgeons have warned.

The procedure involves cutting the tongue in half to create a lizard-like forked effect.

But experts said it came with the risk of significant blood loss, infection, nerve damage and problems with breathing and swallowing.

They also warned that tongue and lip piercings carry serious dangers, such as tooth fractures and gum damage.

The health bodies also warned that oral piercings, such as those of the tongue and lips, also carried health risks.

These include tooth fractures, gum damage, infection, mouth lesions and swelling that can lead to breathing difficulties.

More than half of tongue piercings and one in five lip piercings performed on people between the ages of 16 and 24 are believed to result in complications, the Royal College of Surgeons said.

Ms Master added: "We would strongly advise people not to have oral piercings or tongue splits.

"However, if they do, it is crucial they see their dentist on a regular basis so that the impact on their oral health can be closely monitored.

"Never try to carry out one of these procedures on yourself, or others."

bbc.co.uk/new…819

3003439-SWsvm.jpg
I avoided any pictures of humans with split tongues because they are grotesque.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
brilly6 m ago

[Image]

Those glasses don't suit her
32 Comments
🤢
Just about everyone on here
Edited by: "summerof76" 3rd Aug
It’s useful for shovelling in food when you don’t have cutlery....
brilly6 m ago

[Image]

We don't speak here with forked/pierced tongues, we do type with forked palms though.
brilly1 h, 6 m ago

[Image]

Well blow me... and other terms to express surprise
They're just attention seeking freaks.
.MUFC.4 m ago

They're just attention seeking freaks.

True, i hate when people do their own thing.
CoeK5 m ago

They can do what they like, They just look like freaks imo. I understand some feel reptilian despite being mammals and proceed to try and alter their appearance. I guess a form of body dysmorphia.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 3rd Aug
.MUFC.10 m ago

They can do what they like, They just look like freaks imo. I understand …They can do what they like, They just look like freaks imo. I understand some feel reptilian despite being mammals and proceed to try and alter their appearance. I guess a form of body dysmorphia.

Just because they can do what they like doesn't mean we shouldn't feel aggrieved that some people like to show their personality.

I for one agree with you that these people should be diagnosed with something so that the rest of us don't have to look at their freakish appearance.
CoeK54 m ago

Just because they can do what they like doesn't mean we shouldn't feel …Just because they can do what they like doesn't mean we shouldn't feel aggrieved that some people like to show their personality.I for one agree with you that these people should be diagnosed with something so that the rest of us don't have to look at their freakish appearance.

I couldn't care about their appearance if I'm honest, I just feel there are better ways to express your personality than disfiguring yourself. Each to their own I guess.
Hi im-th about-th the-th biggest-th lizard-th you-th will-th see-th on-th here-th
.MUFC.9 m ago

I couldn't care about their appearance if I'm honest, I just feel there …I couldn't care about their appearance if I'm honest, I just feel there are better ways to express your personality than disfiguring yourself. Each to their own I guess.

Yeh it would be better for them to express themselves in a natural way.

Drives me mad when people won't conform to social norms.

An ex had a pierced tongue and there was definitely some benefits to it.
deleted1132166
Predikuesi4 h, 11 m ago

Now that's just tongue in cheek.
Anyone who has this procedure done has more to worry about than their tongue.
CoeK2 h, 2 m ago

Yeah, a teenage neigbour of mine used to self-mutilate. Just doing his own thing.
CoeK1 h, 48 m ago

Yeh it would be better for them to express themselves in a natural …Yeh it would be better for them to express themselves in a natural way.Drives me mad when people won't conform to social norms.

Those damn social norms. I've been indoctrinated into so many, like not removing body parts for fun. Flipping society, made me so sensible. Now I've got the problem.
Edited by: "xenophon" 3rd Aug
xenophon3rd Aug

Those damn social norms. I've been indoctrinated into so many, like not …Those damn social norms. I've been indoctrinated into so many, like not removing body parts for fun. Flipping society, made me so sensible. Now I've got the problem.

Not at all. It is those weird people that want to pierce themselves or get tattoos that are the problem. I mean sticking needles in yourself? Witchcraft.

I for one think we need to shun these people more thoroughly.
Is it possible David Icke was correct all along about these so called reptilian humanoids trying to take over the world?!
.Yoshi.3rd Aug

Is it possible David Icke was correct all along about these so called …Is it possible David Icke was correct all along about these so called reptilian humanoids trying to take over the world?!

"David Icke" and "correct" is stretching the imagination too far!
Predikuesi3 m ago

"David Icke" and "correct" is stretching the imagination too far!

I would have agreed up until 5 minutes ago when I read this, but now I am not too sure!

harlzter3 h, 9 m ago

An ex had a pierced tongue and there was definitely some benefits to it.

Half price earrings?
People should feel free to express their self-loathing any way they see fit.

Therapy would probably be better for their life-expectancy though.

bbc.co.uk/new…059
Predikuesi9 h, 4 m ago

woah... think i just gave you your next thread
Cant be any worse than them Eddie Munster eyebrows ive seen on some women lately
each to there own ,but i dont like it
Rubisco3rd Aug

People should feel free to express their self-loathing any way they see …People should feel free to express their self-loathing any way they see fit.Therapy would probably be better for their life-expectancy though.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45055059

Thankfully only people with body modifications commit suicide.
missismop11 h, 52 m ago

each to there own ,but i dont like it

I'd agree with you - if they had to pay their own medical bills
CoeK9 h, 44 m ago

Thankfully only people with body modifications commit suicide.

Do fillings count ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants