Expired

Anyone spent more than 10K a day on their Natwest debit card?

Found 12th Oct 2013
On the off chance, anyone got a Natwest debit card or any other debit card and been able to spend more than £10K a day on it, (assuming that you have the funds in your current account of course).

27 Comments

I have spent over £8.5k a couple of times. never made £10k yet. Both times on vehicles.

Yes.

Original Poster

Talis

Yes.

was it a natwest card?
i have spent 10K without any trouble as this is the daily transfer limit but i want to do say 20K or 30K and don't know if i would be able to this.

Ive done it on an rbs card at worst it needs an auth code thru security nowt worse...

Original Poster

justanothercid

Ive done it on an rbs card at worst it needs an auth code thru security … Ive done it on an rbs card at worst it needs an auth code thru security nowt worse...

did you have to call rbs before the transaction was made?

Original Poster

Terrabytes

Unless you regularly spend over £10k a day, Barclays will flag it as an … Unless you regularly spend over £10k a day, Barclays will flag it as an anomalous transaction and block it.I get a bankers' draft for anything over £50k and it takes time as it needs signatures from 2 managers.

yeah, this happened to me the first time i tried to use it for 10k and i had an automated phone call which then cleared it for future payments to the same seller. i just assume that 10k was the limit as i thought it would be treated as an elctronic transfer of funds but it sounds like i can do more than 10k if i do it regularly.

Mutley I will do you a favour by testing your theory. You send me 20k using your card and you will know if it is possible.

mutley1

was it a natwest card?i have spent 10K without any trouble as this is the … was it a natwest card?i have spent 10K without any trouble as this is the daily transfer limit but i want to do say 20K or 30K and don't know if i would be able to this.

Why not phone your bank and ask??

I have used my card for 11k but that's the highest.

Original Poster

takethatfan1978

Why not phone your bank and ask??I have used my card for 11k but that's … Why not phone your bank and ask??I have used my card for 11k but that's the highest.

i will go into the bank on monday to make sure. i just wanted to find out if this was possible before making the trip.

sounds like i will be able to use my card for more than 10k from the responses.

takethatfan1978

Why not phone your bank and ask??I have used my card for 11k but that's … Why not phone your bank and ask??I have used my card for 11k but that's the highest.

cos he wont get the attention?

Have used online to pay 20k which is the maximum in 24 hours. In branch any amount is possible via BACS which is charged at 27 pounds. Recently used both methods to pay a deposit on house purchase.

It is possible, but it may need authorising over the phone. Happens a lot.

brilly

cos he wont get the attention?

Yes that is very true all these posts from him about having cash to burn,transferring over 10k with a card and then spending 100k on shares and I got a snotty childish reply from him about not wanting to waste money on an extractor fan as money was tight. Really!!! Some folk are just very much attention seekers

I sent a cheque a couple of weeks ago to pay a bill that went missing,maybe I should have asked everyone here what to do instead of just using phone banking to cancel it??

Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 13th Oct 2013

mutley1

i will go into the bank on monday to make sure. i just wanted to find … i will go into the bank on monday to make sure. i just wanted to find out if this was possible before making the trip.sounds like i will be able to use my card for more than 10k from the responses.

No need to really go I to a branch but then I'm sure you won't want to waste pennies using phone banking

Remember to keep repeating yourself here and that way people will definitely know you want spend over 10k using your debit card

Original Poster

sabp

Have used online to pay 20k which is the maximum in 24 hours. In branch … Have used online to pay 20k which is the maximum in 24 hours. In branch any amount is possible via BACS which is charged at 27 pounds. Recently used both methods to pay a deposit on house purchase.

this is a pain. 20k daily limit? are you with natwest or another bank?
yeah, normally any amount is possible if you have the funds but you would need to pay a fee and being tight, i want to avoid that route.

Some I know know bought a car for 16.5k yesterday by debit

Just have a few thousand in different bank accounts, use different Debit Cards...sorted.

Surely people don't just have the one bank account?oO

Original Poster

Inactive

Just have a few thousand in different bank accounts, use different Debit … Just have a few thousand in different bank accounts, use different Debit Cards...sorted.Surely people don't just have the one bank account?oO

i may have to do that. my natwest has a high interest savings account which is instant access so i would rather leave the money in there until i want to use the money. my halifax pays less interest but i may have to shove some money in there rather than pay a fee to the bank for 30K payment.

I have current accounts with HSBC, Halifax, Nationwide, Chelsea and Cahoot, so I just use different Debit Cards for larger payments, just transfer money from account to account.

Original Poster

Inactive

I have current accounts with HSBC, Halifax, Nationwide, Chelsea and … I have current accounts with HSBC, Halifax, Nationwide, Chelsea and Cahoot, so I just use different Debit Cards for larger payments, just transfer money from account to account.

i have only 2 current accounts. one with natwest and one with Halifax as nowadays you have to credit the account monthly and have direct debits from them so it becomes a hassle having too many current accounts.

what i could do if the natwest won't allow more than 20k is to use natwest debit card for 20k and transfer 10k to halifax and use the halifax for 10k so making it 30k.

i want to make 30k payment on an individual day and i may want to do this over a 4 day period so my daily withdrawal will be 30k. i will need to discuss this with natwest as they may say this is too high a withdrawal amount on a daily basis.

i may even want to do 50k a day in future so this is getting very high even for me.

mutley1

i have only 2 current accounts. one with natwest and one with Halifax as … i have only 2 current accounts. one with natwest and one with Halifax as nowadays you have to credit the account monthly and have direct debits from them so it becomes a hassle having too many current accounts.what i could do if the natwest won't allow more than 20k is to use natwest debit card for 20k and transfer 10k to halifax and use the halifax for 10k so making it 30k.i want to make 30k payment on an individual day and i may want to do this over a 4 day period so my daily withdrawal will be 30k. i will need to discuss this with natwest as they may say this is too high a withdrawal amount on a daily basis.i may even want to do 50k a day in future so this is getting very high even for me.

Not sure where you got that from?, I don't credit some of my accounts at all for many months.

Banned

takethatfan1978

Yes that is very true all these posts from him about having cash to … Yes that is very true all these posts from him about having cash to burn,transferring over 10k with a card and then spending 100k on shares and I got a snotty childish reply from him about not wanting to waste money on an extractor fan as money was tight. Really!!! Some folk are just very much attention seekers ;)I sent a cheque a couple of weeks ago to pay a bill that went missing,maybe I should have asked everyone here what to do instead of just using phone banking to cancel it??

This.

this thread reminds me of the comedy sketch from harry enfield " im considerably richer than you" .cant work out if youre joking or a drug dealer . lol

10K a day!!!! WTF are you doing here????????????????????????????????

Banned

Rugrats

He's most likely talking crap and doing this for attention so all of his HUKD buddies can think he's rich. It's sad really.

Original Poster

Rugrats

looking for bargains like everyone else.
not 10k every day though, just a few times during the year if my luck is in. X)

Original Poster

update.

in case anyone wants to know for future reference. so i went into the bank this afternoon and was told that there is no limit of daily spend on your debit card but you may get a call from their fraud department the first time you spend a large amount. cool, that's me sorted
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions