Expired

Anyone stacked a tumble dryer on top of washing machine?

Found 4th Sep 2014
Hi everyone.

I am considering putting my dryer on top of the washing machine so I can have space for a dishwasher.
I had a look at those stacking kits but then realised that our washing machine's dispenser drawer has no gap from the top of it so I assume that a stacking kit would obstruct it?
The walls are very thin so building a shelf is not really feasible.
I have read of people just literally placing them on top of each other and wondered if anyone here has done the same? Am worried about the dryer suddenly toppling off due to vibrations.
We have a one year old samsung Ecobubble machine and an AEG condenser dryer which is couple of months old.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks x

9 Comments

http://st.houzz.com/simgs/0331f4940d1e48cb_4-3370/modern-laundry-room.jpg

Shouldn't be a problem.

You're right to be worried about vibrations causing the dryer to topple off. Only certain machines are designed to be stacked like this-personally I wouldn't risk it. Better to have a single cupboard removed and put a dishwasher there.

Banned

any machine can be stacked, if you're worried about it falling off get a stacking kit

we used to have ours stacked with no aid for years an it was always fine. if ur appliances are new may b better to look into finding something that wont obstruct ur washer just to be on the safe side

ours have been stacked on top of one another for a bout 4 years. no stacking kit.....

Used to have mine stacked straight on top, no kit there was gaps about 18 inches either side as they were in a lean to, used both couple of times a day for years, they never moved or had any problem.

It's all down to your current machine and how you load it - if at anytime the washing machine vibrates to such an extent that it could potentially dislodge your tumble dryer then you'd need to look at other options.

Mine washing machine sometimes during startup of spin cycle causes enough vibration to making stacking dangerous. I had to fit a shelf

well our washing machine moves like 10 inches on end spin, so how does the dryer not full off ?

Banned

Daytrader

well our washing machine moves like 10 inches on end spin, so how does … well our washing machine moves like 10 inches on end spin, so how does the dryer not full off ?

if its moving its most likely because its not been installed level
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants