Anyone still have baby teeth - how long did yours last-

Found 13th Jan 2016
Hi everyone , this is a question for people who still have baby teeth and their experiences so far.
I have 4 , luckily to the side of my face and all of a sudden they are all tinging and feel tight and raised. I have an appointment at the dentist tomorrow and am dreading what she will say. My nerves dont fare well at the best of times when it has been normal check ups so am panicking now!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
17 Comments
Assuming you are over the age on twelve having four baby teeth still is just weird . Not sure what you mean by to the side of your face , would be worried if they were anywhere else . Baby teeth have very shallow roots so no great shakes to take them out . Defo a case of better out than in as they could decay and cause abscesses etc or disrupt the growth of adult teeth . My son has a molar which is displaced because the milk tooth did not fall out and he refused to have it taken out . Fell out eventually but the adult tooth will never be correctly aligned
On average 1770 people die each day in the U.K.

Just saying, don't worry you'll be fine (probably).
I still have two, I asked the dentist how long they would last and was told would lose them by 30. I'm 40 this year. Another dentist told me he had an elderly patient with some baby teeth. Just have to look after them the best you can as there are no adult teeth underneath, that's why you do not lose them as a child. Possibly caused by an illness in infancy, don't know how true this is. Good luck at the dentist xx
psychobitchfromhell

Assuming you are over the age on twelve having four baby teeth still is … Assuming you are over the age on twelve having four baby teeth still is just weird . Not sure what you mean by to the side of your face , would be worried if they were anywhere else . Baby teeth have very shallow roots so no great shakes to take them out . Defo a case of better out than in as they could decay and cause abscesses etc or disrupt the growth of adult teeth . My son has a molar which is displaced because the milk tooth did not fall out and he refused to have it taken out . Fell out eventually but the adult tooth will never be correctly aligned

Am in my early 30s , no adult teeth above my baby teeth. So it's a case of hoping they last as long as possible as I don't want any gaps and am terrified of any dental work especially veneers !! Sounds horiffic.. They are by the side of my face I mean it's the upper and lower 5th, so at least they aren't my front teeth !
Graham1979

On average 1770 people die each day in the U.K.Just saying, don't worry … On average 1770 people die each day in the U.K.Just saying, don't worry you'll be fine (probably).

Thanks I feel so much better now lol
amandacai

I still have two, I asked the dentist how long they would last and was … I still have two, I asked the dentist how long they would last and was told would lose them by 30. I'm 40 this year. Another dentist told me he had an elderly patient with some baby teeth. Just have to look after them the best you can as there are no adult teeth underneath, that's why you do not lose them as a child. Possibly caused by an illness in infancy, don't know how true this is. Good luck [quote=amandacai]I still have two, I asked the dentist how long they would last and was told would lose them by 30. I'm 40 this year. Another dentist told me he had an elderly patient with some baby teeth. Just have to look after them the best you can as there are no adult teeth underneath, that's why you do not lose them as a child. Possibly caused by an illness in infancy, don't know how true this is. Good luck at the dentist xx

Hmm i dont know about illness in infancy. Could be. I know it is common but havent really come across reasons as to why it happens. My dentist said up to 45 but there are some elderly patients that still have them! I would love to know of their lifestyle and whether that prolonged them from falling.
Thank you, I need the well wishes xx
ilovevelvet

Am in my early 30s , no adult teeth above my baby teeth. So it's a case … Am in my early 30s , no adult teeth above my baby teeth. So it's a case of hoping they last as long as possible as I don't want any gaps and am terrified of any dental work especially veneers !! Sounds horiffic.. They are by the side of my face I mean it's the upper and lower 5th, so at least they aren't my front teeth !

Upper / lower fifth not too bad . Don't show at front and not mega for chewing . My fifths at the bottom came in sideways for some strange reason . It is as if they took a 90 degree turn clockwise . Don't worry too much about the dentist , like I said the roots are not deep so if they do have to come out it shouldn't be a major job. Will be thinking of you , let us know how you get on . Fingers crossed
I am 69 and still have my deciduous canines, upper 3s. They are crowned now as they have worn down so much it looked like I didn't have any teeth. My permanent teeth are impacted in my palate. was told I would lose them about 30 years old.

Look after your teeth and especially your gums and they could last a lifetime. if you have them extracted you will have gaps and your teeth will drift to fill the gaps possibly causing you a problem.

More importantly listen to your dentist. He is the one looking into your mouth. Everyone is different. And don't stress!
r4rcm

I am 69 and still have my deciduous canines, upper 3s. They are crowned … I am 69 and still have my deciduous canines, upper 3s. They are crowned now as they have worn down so much it looked like I didn't have any teeth. My permanent teeth are impacted in my palate. was told I would lose them about 30 years old. Look after your teeth and especially your gums and they could last a lifetime. if you have them extracted you will have gaps and your teeth will drift to fill the gaps possibly causing you a problem.More importantly listen to your dentist. He is the one looking into your mouth. Everyone is different. And don't stress!

Thank you , that is exactly why I don't want to have them pulled out. let's see am here now , my god am so nervous
My dentist said they have mild decay which is expected and so far nothing to worry about. Thank god for that !
Good news. That wasn't so bad :-) Now you just have to look after your mouth and visit the dentist regularly. Your dentist is your friend!
Similar to r4rcm - my sister is 65 years old and has one baby tooth - and it has also been crowned
r4rcm

Good news. That wasn't so bad :-) Now you just have to look after your … Good news. That wasn't so bad :-) Now you just have to look after your mouth and visit the dentist regularly. Your dentist is your friend!

Thank you , I think my weakness is sugar as I have been brushing my teeth religiously since I was 8. From now on I will be really cutting that down and eat a lot more healthy! And pray it lasts !
ILIKEBARGAINSME

Similar to r4rcm - my sister is 65 years old and has one baby tooth - and … Similar to r4rcm - my sister is 65 years old and has one baby tooth - and it has also been crowned

I hope that will be me too. I can live with that..
I am over 70 and still have my baby eye teeth. Chewing is difficult. I have to move things to the back of my mouth. My adult teeth came in early and careless dentist took them out instead of the baby teeth. Can you imagine. I am surprised my babies have hung on til now.
I am almost 50 and just got told today that my dentist has to pull my baby tooth. Its on the bottom near the front, He said the longest people usually have them is till they are 40 so I have been lucky to have mine this long. It had a fine crack years and years ago and has had a few fillings done on it. Never had an adult tooth under it. Just a few months ago the crack has deepened and is really bothering me when its touched and the gum around it doesn't look as good as it used too-that was the breaking point for me to admit it was time to go, then the dentist confirmed there was no saving it. I get it pulled next week and will probably opt for an implant in a year as its so close to the front. Going to insist that I get to keep some of the tooth to finally put under my pillow for the tooth fairy as I never got to cash in on this tooth as a kid-lol!
I am 54 and still have 3 baby teeth.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants