Groups

Anyone still up? Sending item to an "unconfimed" Paypal address...

Just sold an item on evilbay. The buyer has paid through Paypal, but they have not registered an address with them, therefor I, as the seller, am not covered, and I think they can also still cancel the payment once they receive the item...Has anyone still sent something away this way, and also, if I use a "signed for" service, if they cancelled, would I then be covered having proof that they received it?
    Help appreciated, thaks.

21 Comments

I would not reccommend sending anything to an unconfirmed address, as you said your not covered at all, contact the buyer and ask them to give you a landline number for you to check its them? I'm not sure about the signed for bit, maybe email ebay for some advice too, if they have paid you can let them wait a bit, just email them telling them the situation and i'm sure you will have time to sort it out.

But whatever you do, do not post the item yet, have you made sure the money is in your paypal account and not an email?

good luck

think ebay cover you for unconfirmed addresses now

as above....double check but im sure paypal now cover it

will try to find info

Original Poster

Ok. I actually sold the item to the highest bidder, but I had 2 of them, so I contacted the second highest bidder, and told them if they wanted it they could pay such and such in to my paypal account, so I never went through ebay, so to speak, (I never used the second chance offer) so I don't think I would be covered by ebay...
    They have supplied me with a mobile number, but again, as it's not a landline they could really say anything, as I have no proof...

Banned

stick within the bay and youll be fine sending to unconfirmed addresses provided when you receive the email or when you log in it the transcation says eligible

Original Poster

Hi G, thanks for that ^^^ still trying to raise a few quid for my website
    It looks like it's the "buyers" that PP look after. I am going to email him and say that he needs to add card details to paypal for me to be covered, if not, I will offer him a £5 discount for a direct bank transfer. The way I see it is, if you are legit, you would add a card, or pay in to the bank. That's what I would do.

rehydrated;5066585

Ok. I actually sold the item to the highest bidder, but I had 2 of them, … Ok. I actually sold the item to the highest bidder, but I had 2 of them, so I contacted the second highest bidder, and told them if they wanted it they could pay such and such in to my paypal account, so I never went through ebay, so to speak, (I never used the second chance offer) so I don't think I would be covered by ebay...They have supplied me with a mobile number, but again, as it's not a landline they could really say anything, as I have no proof...

the thing is your not covered by ebay protectionbut nor are they....... they can only claim for non delivery.... not as described

Original Poster

"Seller Protection:
    Not Eligible"

That's what it says in my PP account. I never went through the appropriate channels on ebay, so I agree, I don' t think they, or I are covered there. It is in PP, that's the problem. I am "not eligible" for protection, unless they confirm an address.
    I think if they can't or won't confirm their address, then I think it's best that I just send them their money back.
    I think even if I had proof of delivery, PP would probably still find fault in what I had done, and give the buyer their money back, or say that I wasn't covered, so buyer gets money back and also gets to keep the item.

Banned

rehydrated;5066623

"Seller Protection: Not Eligible"That's what it says in my PP account. I … "Seller Protection: Not Eligible"That's what it says in my PP account. I never went through the appropriate channels on ebay, so I agree, I don' t think they, or I are covered there. It is in PP, that's the problem. I am "not eligible" for protection, unless they confirm an address.I think if they can't or won't confirm their address, then I think it's best that I just send them their money back.I think even if I had proof of delivery, PP would probably still find fault in what I had done, and give the buyer their money back, or say that I wasn't covered, so buyer gets money back and also gets to keep the item.

refund them mate n use the second chance button....go thru ebay

dont send it:thumbsup:

casparwhite;5066656

refund them mate n use the second chance button....go thru ebaydont send … refund them mate n use the second chance button....go thru ebaydont send it:thumbsup:

+1

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"] your covered wether its confirmed or not as long as sent recorded.

when you go to paypal and the transaction page of the sale, it will say, post now but send trackable[/SIZE][/FONT]

I would duoble check with Paypal (IE get it in writing if unconfirmed address is covered)

casparwhite;5066656

refund them mate n use the second chance button....go thru ebaydont send … refund them mate n use the second chance button....go thru ebaydont send it:thumbsup:

paz2k6;5066664

+1

+2

if it says not eligible then refund. and start again.
    Check with paypal, this is what i would do though

Banned

tinkerbell28;5067777

It wont be eligible but then neither will the seller be at risk of the … It wont be eligible but then neither will the seller be at risk of the usual ebay faults as it was an off ebay transaction which is mentioned in another post. Some replies have missed this but it was reallly late!The buyer is actually the one who took the risk here, paying for an item off ebay. If the op clears his account and does not send it the buyer won't get a refund. Does not sound like a clever or hardened scammer to me :roll:

still open to chargebacks and possibly item not received as well

not worth the risk imo

item not eligible for any protectin whatsoever

Banned

tinkerbell28;5069306

Inr, not if he has proof of positng again a chargeback can be fought with … Inr, not if he has proof of positng again a chargeback can be fought with proof of delivery, but chargebacks are not always viable through pp anyway. I still say it's a bizarre way to scam someone as the buyer has given up his protection. Overly cautious in this instance I think.It would be best all round if they just relist and sell through ebay.TBH what the op has described is no more risky than buying/selling off here IMO.

whos gonna fight the chargeback? paypal wont

not worth the risk... click the second chance button

as for same risk as here.....not really if you take the correct precautions, phone number, address, driving license/utility bill blah blah

Banned

tinkerbell28;5069360

Casper he can't have you read the thread, it was a SCO he did OFF ebay! … Casper he can't have you read the thread, it was a SCO he did OFF ebay! As he had one spare, naughty seller!

yeah but you can still use the second chance button if you have another, ive done so myself?

unless i made a mistake......but pretty sure that doesnt happen:whistling:

got me doubting miself now

Banned

rehydrated;5066585

Ok. I actually sold the item to the highest bidder, but I had 2 of them, … Ok. I actually sold the item to the highest bidder, but I had 2 of them, so I contacted the second highest bidder, and told them if they wanted it they could pay such and such in to my paypal account, so I never went through ebay, so to speak, (I never used the second chance offer) so I don't think I would be covered by ebay...They have supplied me with a mobile number, but again, as it's not a landline they could really say anything, as I have no proof...

Banned

tinkerbell28;5069440

Ahhhhhhhhhh I give up, he did a second chance offer, OFF ebay, not using … Ahhhhhhhhhh I give up, he did a second chance offer, OFF ebay, not using the button as he sold the original to the highest bidder as it should be done!So if anything the buyer has been foolish sending op the money for an off ebay transaction.

yes i realise that but he can also press the second chance button WITHIN ebay without having to relist it, just pay the fvf which he attempted to dodge but it aint worth the risk

doh!

Caspar is right.

//leaves

Banned

tinkerbell28;5069532

Yeah he could but no it's not worth it, hence why I said he can't. Ebay … Yeah he could but no it's not worth it, hence why I said he can't. Ebay would not be happy bunnies. Must go :thumbsup:

:thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846376
      2. What would be HELL to you?2429
      3. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608650
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1933

See more discussions