Anyone succesfully reclaimed PPI they were misold?

Found 24th Oct 2011
Has anyone on here succesfiully reclaimed PPI they were misold by a bank on a loan?
Just discovered a loan agreement form a few years ago, and we were sold ppi, I remember at the time we were told by lloyds that we had to have it, even thogh we didn't really want it.
I've got all the forms filled out to send to them and the financial ombudsman but was just wondering how much success people actually have?
Community Updates
Misc
34 Comments
Got my GF £300 from a credit card she had, you dont even need to get the ombudsman involved, just write to lloyds saying it was missold, wait about 3 months and await money from them.
Original Poster
greenmachine12

Got my GF £300 from a credit card she had, you dont even need to get the … Got my GF £300 from a credit card she had, you dont even need to get the ombudsman involved, just write to lloyds saying it was missold, wait about 3 months and await money from them.

Sounds good, do they pay back the full amount you paid for the ppi?
Don't think i know anyone who had it rejected.
souljacker

My mum claimed back hers (from Lloyds TSB), we applied a few months ago using some templates found on Moneysaving expert. They wrote her back offering her just under 8k, from loans dating back to 2003! She was over the moon, & it proves they do actually pay you back
Original Poster
Looks like we could be in for a good payout if they accept our claim
they should do, plus interest.
yes just last week got my first that i am applying for from rbs they paid out 3775 including the interest at i think 8 percent no quibble and was done in about 14 weeks

singer
souljacker

She didnt know how much she had actually paid in ppi payments, and seeing as she actually said yes to it at the time (silly woman), we thought it would be best just to accept it.

But the letter back from lloyds said you can ask for it to be reviewed again if your not happy with it.
Pr3cious18

My mum claimed back hers (from Lloyds TSB), we applied a few months ago … My mum claimed back hers (from Lloyds TSB), we applied a few months ago using some templates found on Moneysaving expert. They wrote her back offering her just under 8k, from loans dating back to 2003! She was over the moon, & it proves they do actually pay you back

8k , PPI worth 8 k that means she must of had loans of a least 100 grand !!!!!!!!! I E on a 20 grand loan you would pay about £1100 ppi
Original Poster
yozzman1234

8k , PPI worth 8 k that means she must of had loans of a least 100 grand … 8k , PPI worth 8 k that means she must of had loans of a least 100 grand !!!!!!!!! I E on a 20 grand loan you would pay about £1100 ppi

well our loan was for £20,000 and loking at the agreement the ppi we paid was over £4,000 with interest
souljacker

well our loan was for £20,000 and loking at the agreement the ppi we paid … well our loan was for £20,000 and loking at the agreement the ppi we paid was over £4,000 with interest

not being funny but if i got a 20 grand loan and i looked at the paper work and oh yes you do look at the terms and small print and they wanted to charge me 4 grand extra you would tell them where to go , and dont all you tell me you didnt no it was added on , OK 20 grand = about £3245 interest so total amount is £23245 , now if the total is £27245 should nt alarm bells be ringing and you would not sign for the loan
Original Poster
yozzman1234

not being funny but if i got a 20 grand loan and i looked at the paper … not being funny but if i got a 20 grand loan and i looked at the paper work and oh yes you do look at the terms and small print and they wanted to charge me 4 grand extra you would tell them where to go , and dont all you tell me you didnt no it was added on , OK 20 grand = about £3245 interest so total amount is £23245 , now if the total is £27245 should nt alarm bells be ringing and you would not sign for the loan

not being funny but i did know it was there,when did i say i didn't?? oO

i was mis sold it, ie didn't need it... i was told at the time we had to have the ppi to take out the loan..got it?

do you actually know what mis sold means?

Edited by: "souljacker" 24th Oct 2011
souljacker

not being funny but i did know it was there,when did i say i didn't?? oO … not being funny but i did know it was there,when did i say i didn't?? oO i was misold it, ie didn't need it... i was told at the time we had to have the ppi to take out the loan..got it?

i was told i needed it as well mate and i said no and guess what i still got the loans every time .
you just need to be strong
Original Poster
yozzman1234

i was told i needed it as well mate and i said no and guess what i still … i was told i needed it as well mate and i said no and guess what i still got the loans every time .you just need to be strong

it's not abot being strong, it's about being told i had to have it if i took out the loan, you weren't given the option like you are now, that's the whole thing about being misold

your last staement about not noticing it is a load of rubbish, as i've said i knew it was there i was MIS SOLD it
souljacker

it's not abot being strong, it's about being told i had to have it if i … it's not abot being strong, it's about being told i had to have it if i took out the loan, you weren't given the option like you are now, that's the whole thing about being misoldyour last staement about not noticing it is a load of rubbish, as i've said i knew it was there i was MIS SOLD it

so if someone tells you that you have to have it you just take there word for it every time !!!!!!!! very silly
Edited by: "yozzman1234" 24th Oct 2011
Lloyds are paying everyone out. Go online, go to PPI complaints on the homepage, fill out form wait 4 weeks and get money
Original Poster
yozzman1234

so if someone tells you that you have to have it you just take there word … so if someone tells you that you have to have it you just take there word for it every time !!!!!!!! very silly

you obvioulsy haven't got a clue about ppi being mis sold so please step away from the thread
Original Poster
gbspurs

Lloyds are paying everyone out. Go online, go to PPI complaints on the … Lloyds are paying everyone out. Go online, go to PPI complaints on the homepage, fill out form wait 4 weeks and get money

cheers
souljacker

you obvioulsy haven't got a clue about ppi being mis sold so please step … you obvioulsy haven't got a clue about ppi being mis sold so please step away from the thread

no worries last comment , i was told everytime i took a loan or mortgage in the past 12 years i needed PPI , i refused every time and still got the loans and mortgage and yes they told me i had to take it or i wouldnt get loan , i said no and in the end i got it . hope you all get your money back
Original Poster
To be fair, it's not what i asked though, with hindsight i could have refused and i have ever since and bought my own if needed, but i didn't at the time because he was insistent we had to have it.

I just wanted to know if anyone had succesfully reclaimed it, and by the looks of it we could have a very good case and possibly £4,000 for being very silly
gbspurs

Lloyds are paying everyone out. Go online, go to PPI complaints on the … Lloyds are paying everyone out. Go online, go to PPI complaints on the homepage, fill out form wait 4 weeks and get money

Its not that quick at all with Lloyds. My dad has finally had his case accepted after a 8 week wait to be told its now a 7 week wait for the cash to hit the bank.

I managed to claim from Lloyds for 2 loans and 1 credit card 2 yrs ago. in total for the 3 I got just over £2500. Didn't even expect a yes, MBNA said no and gave a £100 good will gesture!
How far does this go back.?? I have had loans throughout my life, but cannot remember who the loans were from and what year. Sadly I have a shredder and only keep paperwork for one year. How do you find out. ?
Original Poster
Tanya

How far does this go back.?? I have had loans throughout my life, but … How far does this go back.?? I have had loans throughout my life, but cannot remember who the loans were from and what year. Sadly I have a shredder and only keep paperwork for one year. How do you find out. ?

goes back 6 years but as long as you were still paying the ppi from a loan it can go back further
My friends recently got over 2k back
Tanya

How far does this go back.?? I have had loans throughout my life, but … How far does this go back.?? I have had loans throughout my life, but cannot remember who the loans were from and what year. Sadly I have a shredder and only keep paperwork for one year. How do you find out. ?

I claimed PPi from a loan I paid off over 8 yrs ago. and I got the most from that one than I did the others.
beth3735

I claimed PPi from a loan I paid off over 8 yrs ago. and I got the most … I claimed PPi from a loan I paid off over 8 yrs ago. and I got the most from that one than I did the others.

How do you remember that far back. I can't remember who I have borrowed from over the years !!
lol i remember it as I only banked with Lloyds at that point and when I got my full maternity payout from the Navy I just paid off my loan in full. But they didn't question the time scale. I didn't even have the loan number, I just called them up and asked for them to give me my loan history.

They told me the loan number, the amount and the amount of PPI I paid without interested added onto that. x
Last Year had £4500 back from Welcome Finance, dealt with them direct, all mail sent special delivery, bear in mind I had a £1500 loan over 3 years so you can imagine the APR and PPI to get that amount back. Took 12 months but worth it. Just document everything in letters, dont do emails. Good Luck
BTW the insisted I had to have PPI to get the loan ( being newly single with 4 kids and Xmas dwelling) I took it...its against the law to say you have to have it, Welcome knew that and paid up! x
got £3000 back from alliance and Leicester a few months ago , 1st attempt . thought i won the lottery tbh . it was 2 loans from 8 years ago . went through mse and which
Original Poster
Thnaks everyone for the advice, letters have been sent to lloyds today, just have to wait now...
Original Poster
An update on this, i hadn't heard anything from lloyds after the 12 week period, so i phoned them a few weeks ago to be told a letter had been sent out on 6th jan letting me know i hwas getting back my money( A lot as it happens ) but as i hadn't received it they would resend it and the money would be paid into my accoiunt by 4th feb.

Well two weeks later and still no sign of any letter, so i phone again, to be told they cannot issue another letter but they would try to find out why i'm not getting them, she also told me there is no indication of when i will be getting the money but it will be sent out as a cheque

I tried explaing that as i am not receiving thier letters it is a possibility that the cheque will never arrive, but she din't seem that bothered.

So anyone had experience with lloyds? did the money come as a cheque? did you have to sign something to accept the offer or was it automatically sent out? and what sort of time frame is it?
Original Poster

So anyone had experience with lloyds? did the money come as a cheque? did … So anyone had experience with lloyds? did the money come as a cheque? did you have to sign something to accept the offer or was it automatically sent out? and what sort of time frame is it?

anyone?
I went with a 3rd party lloyds tsb took 6 months to pay. Fees were 39%. HFC & Capital one refused, they are with the ombudsman.
Ive sent another 3 complaints direct to other companies. Hmm watch this space!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions