anyone take advantage of Apple iPhone downgrade process last night???

Found 12th Jan
Really wish I had known. I would of downgraded my old iPhone 5 back to speedy and sexy looking iOS 6.1.4, did anyone else take advantage of this? Nostalgia at its best
Community Updates
AskAppleElectronicsPhones
12 Comments
deleted800342
What?
deleted80034212th Jan

What?

Apple were allowing u to downgrade firmware on iPhones last night.
deleted800342
machomansavage12 m ago

Apple were allowing u to downgrade firmware on iPhones last night.

They didn't tell me
Where's the link
summerof7639 m ago

Where's the link

All over Reddit
What model iPhones would benefit from downgrading software?
XSerenityX17 m ago

What model iPhones would benefit from downgrading software?

Most of them. Heard about the recent battery over performance that's been in the press everywhere recently? Apple crippling your battery etc? In particular the 4s and iPhone 5( Apple have always been accused of slowing down older models to make you the consumer go and buy their latest and greatest phone). The firmware the iPhone comes with out of the box is its fastest firmware. Watch a you tube speed test video. A iPhone 5 on iOS 6 is very rare and sell for lots of money
Edited by: "machomansavage" 12th Jan
machomansavage1 h, 27 m ago

Most of them. Heard about the recent battery over performance that's been … Most of them. Heard about the recent battery over performance that's been in the press everywhere recently? Apple crippling your battery etc? In particular the 4s and iPhone 5( Apple have always been accused of slowing down older models to make you the consumer go and buy their latest and greatest phone). The firmware the iPhone comes with out of the box is its fastest firmware. Watch a you tube speed test video. A iPhone 5 on iOS 6 is very rare and sell for lots of money

Thanks. I had heard about it but wasn’t sure to what extent they were affected as my 6s still seems to be pretty fast.
So is it better to not update my iPhone when a new update comes out? I've always been led to believe you should keep your phone updated for security issues.
Beebee183 h, 13 m ago

So is it better to not update my iPhone when a new update comes out? I've …So is it better to not update my iPhone when a new update comes out? I've always been led to believe you should keep your phone updated for security issues.

For "security issues" yes. But i personality believe apple say this just so u update and get a slower iPhone. Think about it, when device gets slow u upgrade. Its very clever marketing. They been fined and been in paper alot lately. Its amazing How this will massively impacts the iPhone's performance. Watch how fast it is prior to update and compare it. You'll see for yourself. Old hardware new software? Its honestly a no brainer. Check out speed tests on you tube its amazing
XSerenityX4 h, 49 m ago

Thanks. I had heard about it but wasn’t sure to what extent they were a …Thanks. I had heard about it but wasn’t sure to what extent they were affected as my 6s still seems to be pretty fast.

No worries. Its sad but true im affraid
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants