Anyone taken out a Car Warranty Insurance Policy?

5 replies
Found 21st Oct 2008
I drive for a living, and recenty had my clutch and exhaust needed repairing, costing £500+, dread to think what will be next. I had a sales call from my insurers (the aa) and they said I can pay £5 a week, to get covered against any repairs that need doing. Sounds ok, £250 a year down the drain, but might pay for itself if your like me! Im just curious as to the T's & C's.

Was wondering if anyone has this kind of policy, or needed to claim from one?

5 Comments

I would be VERY surprised if they cover 'fair wear & tear' which this is. Can't you claim it back against VAT / tax as a company expense ??

Waste of money imo.
There will be clauses that state it wont cover alot of things which can go wrong.

we looked into a few recently when we thought the clutch was on the way out, and found that it wouldnt be covered anyway,

kidcat;3253592

we looked into a few recently when we thought the clutch was on the way … we looked into a few recently when we thought the clutch was on the way out, and found that it wouldnt be covered anyway,

A cluch plate comes under wear and tear because its a friction surface.

Original Poster

kidcat;3253592

we looked into a few recently when we thought the clutch was on the way … we looked into a few recently when we thought the clutch was on the way out, and found that it wouldnt be covered anyway,

See, my clutch went a few months ago, had it done from a friend of a friend cheap, but I don't think its right. When I press the clutch to change gear, sometimes there is rugged contact just pushing the pedal down, plus whenever I reverse up hill even slightly the clutch stinks, this is why Im looking into the warranty option just incase it does go again.

I cant understand the wear & tear clause, as all faults could be classed as wear & tear.

I know all these companies offer different levels of insurance (3,4 & 5 star), maybe you get what you pay for.

Has anyone had to claim from these policys?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    3. 5am gym crew20137
    4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396

See more discussions