Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Wileyfox Phone....Consider This First!!

Found 25th Apr 2017
Ok, so I bought A Wileyfox Swift 2 Plus with Screen Replacement Card for the following reasons,

- British Smartphone Manufacturer
- Screen Replacement Service ('cause I'm clumsy as hell with phones)
- Cheap for the spec ( 'cause I'm clumsy as hell with phones)

The phone is, great couldn't be happier with it, however true to form I dropped it and the screen shattered first time (surprisingly took my Bluboo Picasso about 20 drops before it gave up the ghost!). But not to worry...I had my screen replacement card!! So after several attempts to get a response, from customer service I finally get the return sorted and sent off the phone for repair....this was OVER 2 MONTHS ago and counting!!!

Do not expect this company to initiate any form of contact. They will not let you know when they receive the phone , when they promise to keep you updated of the progress.... they won't , and all they will do is repeatedly tell you that they are waiting for parts from the manufacturer in china!!

So if like me you plan to buy this phone for customer service and screen repair, maybe its better to look elsewhere. The most frustrating thing is, as they have your phone , you have nothing you can do about it but just wait at their mercy.

Community Updates
MisciPhonePhonesWileyfox
22 Comments
You could have tried fixing it yourself

Owners Manual
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 25th Apr 2017
I'd invest in a decent case. I have a S7 edge and a gear4 case. it's survived a 5 ft drop off a banister face down onto a minton hollins floor.
To me if a phone can survive that it's doing well. The case is the most important thing to protect your phone.
Service will improve with time!

We have 4 new Teslas on the fleet, all them rattle, jangle and vibrate plastic all over the car. All the dealer says "the set up is not designed for British roads" then they shrug and say its fixed and you rattle out of the dealership again!

Everything with new companies (unless they have pots of disposable cash) takes time and if you purchase from these in the beginning I think you have to accept as being an early customer you have to suffer in some respects.
Original Poster
Predikuesi

You could have tried fixing it yourselfOwners Manual

Yeah feel that way now although its too late as they have the phone. Mind you to buy a new screen your looking at a lot more than buying the screen replacement card. Thanks for the manual though!!
Wileyfox customer service is notably poor. Take a look at the negative reviews of this phone on Amazon.
Before I bought my P2, I was tempted by Wileyfox, but everywhere you look is full of customer service complaints, eg Facebook, Twitter, review sites. These in the main seem related to phones that have been returned for problem solving or fixing and the delays in getting anything sorted.
I had the exact same problem as you OP. Just barrage them on facebook/twitter highlighting the issue. They had my phone for 3 weeks waiting for a part in the end the asked me to stop with the social media comments and they'd send me a new phone, which they did.
Always amazes me the number of people I see with cracked screens. Even more so the number of idiots who keep them in their back pocket (_;)
groenleader

All the dealer says "the set up is not designed for British roads" ...

Then it shouldn't be being sold in Britain? What was that bit about "fit for purpose" in consumer legislation...
Dawsy

I'd invest in a decent case. I have a S7 edge and a gear4 case. it's … I'd invest in a decent case. I have a S7 edge and a gear4 case. it's survived a 5 ft drop off a banister face down onto a minton hollins floor.To me if a phone can survive that it's doing well. The case is the most important thing to protect your phone.

Ohhh get you with your fancy tiles X)
groenleader

We have 4 new Teslas on the fleet, all them rattle, jangle and vibrate … We have 4 new Teslas on the fleet, all them rattle, jangle and vibrate plastic all over the car. All the dealer says "the set up is not designed for British roads" then they shrug and say its fixed and you rattle out of the dealership again!

That's a laugh, my understanding was that condition of the roads in parts of the US were some of the worst in the developed world. Maybe it's more like the cars are not finished up to the standard expected by a British consumer. American cars have a notoriety for poor fit and finish, so perhaps rattles that might be considered as acceptable over there are considered dreadful in Europe.
fuzzydunlop

Always amazes me the number of people I see with cracked screens. Even … Always amazes me the number of people I see with cracked screens. Even more so the number of idiots who keep them in their back pocket (_;)

They are so damn big now days thats the only pockets they fit in.
Original Poster
Dawsy

I'd invest in a decent case. I have a S7 edge and a gear4 case. it's … I'd invest in a decent case. I have a S7 edge and a gear4 case. it's survived a 5 ft drop off a banister face down onto a minton hollins floor.To me if a phone can survive that it's doing well. The case is the most important thing to protect your phone.

Ha , got a nice empty leather case right here...now all I need is a phone!
Original Poster
fuzzydunlop

Always amazes me the number of people I see with cracked screens. Even … Always amazes me the number of people I see with cracked screens. Even more so the number of idiots who keep them in their back pocket (_;)

too right! maybe be cheaper having my clothes tailored to remove pockets! Cracked one in the front pocket carrying stuff. Another joined me for a swim.So short pockets are no good either!
Edited by: "MAEL" 26th Apr 2017
VDisillusioned

That's a laugh, my understanding was that condition of the roads in parts … That's a laugh, my understanding was that condition of the roads in parts of the US were some of the worst in the developed world. Maybe it's more like the cars are not finished up to the standard expected by a British consumer. American cars have a notoriety for poor fit and finish, so perhaps rattles that might be considered as acceptable over there are considered dreadful in Europe.

Aha! Yes your right in some respects, the Tesla brand are not a big wide selling car. In the US they are selling to mostly selling economic elite who are fashionable and forward thinking. Most of those only live in a few select locations. They do not really "regionalise" the cars, that's expensive, they just work on the basis that of who is buying the car and are they similar all over the world? Knightsbridge to upmarket HK, Qatar to Beverly Hills. Seattle to Palo Alto etc.

Now in say the UK with out crazy indulgence of cars esp. at company car level you have folks living just outside Milton Keynes bouncing around in a model S crunching in and out pot holes and disturb surfaces that the car was never intended for!

That aside, most road conditions in the US are nothing like they are a lot of European countries once away from the money they are poor often exposed concrete not. However they do differ from the UK in where even city streets and motorways here have become poor over the last few years. While in the US most interstates are funded by and maintained by federal money.

Local roads US are funded and maintained by you at your own costs, if you live in a wealthy area then you are going to have good roads!

As far as regionalising at Tesla until recently, and I do not believe in all models yet they use a left hand drive, drivers seat in the right hand drive cars! We had older models with a completely destroyed seat bolsters! There are some fun videos on youtube of UK tesla drivers finding screws from the car on their drive ways etc that have rattled out!
moneysavingkitten

Ohhh get you with your fancy tiles X)

​Ha, they are over 100 years old and tough as old boots.. So I was happily supprised when my phone survived. I mentioned them to show that they were tuff not to show off.
+1 for their poor service.

Our charger lead broke after 2 weeks. It genuinely, literally fell apart. It had been carefully looked after.

They refused point blank to replace it. A £1 part.

Do not be fooled ... They may have an office in the UK and call themselves British, but that is only on paper.

The after sales "care" is abroad.

I guess the phones are also from China or similar.

Shame.... the phone itself was good.
I was really pleased with my Wily fox Spark but after less than a month it crashed.The customer service was startlingly ad hoc .A rough (and wildly optimistic) estimate of 24hrs to get back to you and a bored and entirely indifferent person at the end of a phone line.
Have given up and bought a boring Samsung.
Same for me: Bought a Wileyfox Spark in May. 2 months later by first OS update, the phone hangs at reboot after Cyanogen animation.
I sent 3 mails to the customer service: NO ANSWER !
They want only to make money and they don't care about people using their devices.
My advice: be aware from wileyfox, customer service doesn't exist !
Can any one tell me how can I connect my phone to my lap top,it only recognizes it as media player not a phone, I have emailed for advice and not had a reply, I have telephoned only to get an answer m/c saying the office is open Monday to Friday 9 to 5.30 pm then the line would go dead, this was at 2.30 pm on a Friday !!!!!.
Hopeless useless very poor service........
I wish i had read these post before i invested my money on what at the time looks like a good phone at great price. Three months down the line my callers couldn't hear me and the screen is activated on its own accord every now and again.

Went to carphonewarehouse where i bought it to be told that the manufacturer has to be contacted for all repairs. log a repair request on their website and all i keep getting is automated emails telling me that someone would get back to me, 2 weeks and still counting. Reading these posts now tells me that that might not even happen in my life time.

I would be making a compliant to the powers that be at carphone, maybe if we get carphone to stop stocking their devices they will take UK customers seriously.
JoeCole33 m ago

I wish i had read these post before i invested my money on what at the …I wish i had read these post before i invested my money on what at the time looks like a good phone at great price. Three months down the line my callers couldn't hear me and the screen is activated on its own accord every now and again.Went to carphonewarehouse where i bought it to be told that the manufacturer has to be contacted for all repairs. log a repair request on their website and all i keep getting is automated emails telling me that someone would get back to me, 2 weeks and still counting. Reading these posts now tells me that that might not even happen in my life time.I would be making a compliant to the powers that be at carphone, maybe if we get carphone to stop stocking their devices they will take UK customers seriously.

Wileyfox won't get back to you, they've gone into administration.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants