Expired

Anyone throwing out an old working computer

14 replies
Found 17th Sep 2009
Tis a long shot...but I am looking for an old desktop computer.... it's for alittle project for kids and my scout group so it would be going to great use....

Any details on scout group etc I can provide details....

Thanks for your time....

Will happily collect from anywhere London, Herts, Essex etc...

If you could include any details on spec etc would be greatfully received.

14 Comments

hlf.org.uk/eng…ish

lots out their to claim for the kids

have a jumble sale to raise money - you will most probably get a comp through that alone -

possibly wifey with me attached if i dont make a brew

Original Poster

Thanks guys....

I'm disorganised and looking for something for next tuesday so havent got much time... I normally see loads going on Gumtree but all of a sudden none

contact local businesses

Original Poster

Been threw yellow pages with no luck

Sent a load of sob story emails to companies too!!

Fingers crossed someone will get back to me.

i have 1 but i,m too far away! (or rather my son he bought a laptop!)

Original Poster

thanks anyway.... i'll keep my fingers crossed

Ask on your local freecycle group, a person on mine asked last week and was offered 3 within 24 hrs, good luck :-)

Original Poster

chas76;6318720

Ask on your local freecycle group, a person on mine asked last week and … Ask on your local freecycle group, a person on mine asked last week and was offered 3 within 24 hrs, good luck :-)

oooo never heard of this but looks promising...

Rep+

mobter83;6318883

oooo never heard of this but looks promising...Rep+

Sorry i should have given you a link:
uk.freecycle.org/

Good Luck :thumbsup:

If you do use freecycle and manage to get a useful desktop/computer- have a look around at things you have yourself, and offer them on freecycle - thats the way it works i.e give something back. My sister uses it this way and swears by it.

Freecycle is changing its name to Freegle or something along those lines. Worth a look - cracking site.

tightar5e;6325618

If you do use freecycle and manage to get a useful desktop/computer- … If you do use freecycle and manage to get a useful desktop/computer- have a look around at things you have yourself, and offer them on freecycle - thats the way it works i.e give something back. My sister uses it this way and swears by it.

Yes lots of people do, but it's really annoying when people ask for your items and you wait in and they don't collect, i recently did this with a kids trampoline, 3 people I gave my address out to until someone actually turned up to collect it. To be honest I was left feeling like why should I bother :x

Original Poster

Thanks guys.... awaiting some replies from freecycle.. also putadog cage up on swapz!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    2. Whey protien629
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68

See more discussions