Anyone traded a 3DSXL in at CeX?

Found 9th Feb 2015
What do they need with it? I have the box, but not quite sure what they require. Wouldn't think they need a charger as they're bought seperately.

16 Comments

I've not personally sold game hardware to them, but you'll generally get a higher payment if you have all of the original packaging. You'll see on their site that "boxed" consoles are listed as a separate item.

Original Poster

Illusionary

I've not personally sold game hardware to them, but you'll generally get … I've not personally sold game hardware to them, but you'll generally get a higher payment if you have all of the original packaging. You'll see on their site that "boxed" consoles are listed as a separate item.

I thought that. Box just contains instructions, stylus and 3DSXL. I have all of that still, just didn't want to travel there (it's a bit of a way away) and them refuse because I missed something easy.

maizecorn

I thought that. Box just contains instructions, stylus and 3DSXL. I have … I thought that. Box just contains instructions, stylus and 3DSXL. I have all of that still, just didn't want to travel there (it's a bit of a way away) and them refuse because I missed something easy.

If you've got everything that it came with I'd expect you to be fine. Agreed that it wouldn't be reasonable for them to expect a charger to be included - though you may have to explain that it's not part of the retail package, depending on who you speak with.

Bear in mind that you'll probably need to leave the console with them for testing before they'll accept it. They can generally turn it around within a few hours, but don't expect it to be immediate.

Original Poster

Illusionary

If you've got everything that it came with I'd expect you to be fine. … If you've got everything that it came with I'd expect you to be fine. Agreed that it wouldn't be reasonable for them to expect a charger to be included - though you may have to explain that it's not part of the retail package, depending on who you speak with.Bear in mind that you'll probably need to leave the console with them for testing before they'll accept it. They can generally turn it around within a few hours, but don't expect it to be immediate.

The waiting isn't necessary anymore afaik. They'll offer to just give you the money by putting it in your bank account. At least it was for my store.

maizecorn

The waiting isn't necessary anymore afaik. They'll offer to just give you … The waiting isn't necessary anymore afaik. They'll offer to just give you the money by putting it in your bank account. At least it was for my store.

Fair enough. I've always had to come back after testing, most recently for a mobile phone sale a few months ago.

Original Poster

Illusionary

Fair enough. I've always had to come back after testing, most recently … Fair enough. I've always had to come back after testing, most recently for a mobile phone sale a few months ago.

Can't complain about them, though! Prices are damn good.

What are they giving you for it?

If you look on the CEX website it shows how much they pay for boxed, unboxed or discounted (missing some items and I assume box). For example cash prices, blue boxed £63, unboxed £56, discounted £54.

Original Poster

benjammin316

What are they giving you for it?

Should be £63.

Original Poster

k8y1988

If you look on the CEX website it shows how much they pay for boxed, … If you look on the CEX website it shows how much they pay for boxed, unboxed or discounted (missing some items and I assume box). For example cash prices, blue boxed £63, unboxed £56, discounted £54.

Price isn't the issue. Just need to know what's required for them to accept it.

maizecorn

Should be £63.

Isn't that an absolute joke of a price? You'd get far more selling on here or eBay

benjammin316

Isn't that an absolute joke of a price? You'd get far more selling on … Isn't that an absolute joke of a price? You'd get far more selling on here or eBay

You could say that of most prices that CeX offer, to be honest...

Original Poster

benjammin316

Isn't that an absolute joke of a price? You'd get far more selling on … Isn't that an absolute joke of a price? You'd get far more selling on here or eBay

Not in the most amazing of conditions.

To be able to sell an item for the best price ar Cex you need to convince them the item is of mint condition.

A box
the item
accessories that came in the box
wires/plug (in this case not required as purchased separately).

I've sold things to cex which had a few things missions. Nothing major in most cases and gotten an A ranked condition.

I've not sold through cex online. Heard stories that the online part is dog sh*t.

If I could be bothered with the hassle. I'd sell on here or ebay would be a 3rd extra cash.

I sold my mint condition 3dsxl to them the other week. charger is separate as you say so I kept mine for when there is a new 3ds xl deal. I got £86 trade in credit

maizecorn

Not in the most amazing of conditions.

If its not in the best condition you probably wont get £63 for it.

•Boxed - Will come with the box and all original accessories as new.
•Unboxed - Missing the original packaging, may have some light cosmetic damage, may be missing a non essential accessory (essentials may vary depending on console).
•Discounted - Significant cosmetic damage/discolouration, may be missing the original packaging, and all non essential accessories.
•Note - original Xbox 360 elite must come with all accessories bar ethernet cable to be discounted.

These are the conditions for trading in consols if its heavily damaged you will get discounted rates for it of £53

Edited by: "Panixs" 10th Feb 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants