Anyone travelled to the TT race before?

Found 10th Jul

Looking to book for next year and I've never been so want to head over for a couple of days to watch one of the super sport races. Any advice on travelling over and staying is appreciated. We are looking on staying for 2 nights, don't mind camping or a hotel and need help with a good location to watch the race from. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
On yer bike!
Predikuesi9 m ago

On yer bike!

What’s yer mean?
We flew over from Gatwick and then caught the bus to Douglas. We camped at the grandstand campsite. It was quite cramped but ideal location. Easy to walk down to the seafront for entertainment and a few beers. Add for where to watch, everyone will have a different opinion on this so for me I was quite happy with the start/finish straight and Bray Hill. They are scarily fast and close to you. It was amazing! Enjoy!
Its a great experience. Hotels in Douglas are often booked by now for the next year and unsurprisingly are quite dear for what you get. I like the buzz of being in Douglas, but others may prefer something quieter.
Likewise the ferry is often booked well in advance.
Spectators guide below.
iomtt.com/upl…pdf
Have you thought of visiting in August for the Classic TT. All the thrills with less crowds and better (?) weather.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions