Groups
    EXPIRED

anyone travelling from manchester to london ?

Hi just wondering if anyone that was traveling from from manchester to london anytime soon as im buying an item on ebay and the guy wont let me arrange a courier as he doesnt want to pack it as its a 32" tv, would really apreciate it if someone kind enough could help me out im willing to pay as well thanks ..

24 Comments

Get a day ticket and go up yourself?

Original Poster

was thinking that but how would i carry a 32" telly on the train ?

Ambitious ask lol...and London is a huge place

hire a car?

.....after all the expense and messing it would have been better to buy a new one

Why can't you drive? You have a Seat Leon don't you?

How much is the tv,surely it's not worth the hassle ?

were are you based

black gerbil1;6655957

were are you based

fail(again):)

For a price yes

Original Poster

queenlush;6655851

Ambitious ask lol...and London is a huge place

I know im an ambtious person lol, im in east london only reason im asking is it makes sense if someone was travelling from manchester to london for a purpose rather than me just going all the way upto manchester just get a telly

boothy;6655877

hire a car?.....after all the expense and messing it would have been … hire a car?.....after all the expense and messing it would have been better to buy a new one

thought did cross my mind but im getting a £600 tv for £340

highguyuk;6655901

Why can't you drive? You have a Seat Leon don't you?

not being rude but if I wanted to drive up there im sure there would be no reason for this thread also i dont have a car right now my avatar is misleading you ..

deb8z;6655913

How much is the tv,surely it's not worth the hassle ?

im getting a £600 telly for £340 gotta be worth it :whistling:

black gerbil1;6655957

were are you based

im over in east london redbridge but could collect from anywhere in london if it helps.

boothy;6655969

fail(again):)

fail ?

strike;6655979

For a price yes

how much ?

thanks for all the quick replies this why i love hotukdeals :thumbsup:

Well, can you link me to which tv it is.

Original Poster

strike;6656234

Well, can you link me to which tv it is.

pm sent

Can't you get one of those £11 Virgin trains tickets to Manchester Piccadilly? Failing that I'm going to London, but not until December, so I guess that's of no use..

Original Poster

nickw90;6656366

Can't you get one of those £11 Virgin trains tickets to Manchester … Can't you get one of those £11 Virgin trains tickets to Manchester Piccadilly? Failing that I'm going to London, but not until December, so I guess that's of no use..

I could do but dont like the thought of carrying a 32" lcd on the trains might get mugged :w00t: , cant wait till december need a new telly asap, oh and i really apreciate all the help .

yaboy;6656434

I could do but dont like the thought of carrying a 32" lcd on the trains … I could do but dont like the thought of carrying a 32" lcd on the trains might get mugged :w00t: , oh and i really apreciate all the help

The idea of mugging and crime in general works on risk vs. reward. The risks of trying to make off with someone's fairly heavy/bulky 32 inch TV in a public place full of cameras probably out weighs the reward in this instance. I'd just box it up and stick it in the luggage rack at the back of a carriage if it was me :).

Original Poster

nickw90;6656463

The idea of mugging and crime in general works on risk vs. reward. The … The idea of mugging and crime in general works on risk vs. reward. The risks of trying to make off with someone's fairly heavy/bulky 32 inch TV in a public place full of cameras probably out weighs the reward in this instance. I'd just box it up and stick it in the luggage rack at the back of a carriage if it was me :).

Im pretty certain i wont get mugged was bein psychastic.. more put off by the carrying a heavy item side of it, but i am considering taking the train if the seller can meet me at station .

Is this tv new ?

Sounds like a lot off the RRP,sure it's not dodgy lol

Original Poster

guy on ebay has it hes got loads of feedback the tv is new but no packaging hence price also no warranty might just go and buy a new one if no ones able to help me out on this ..

You're going to trust someone from this website to pick up and deliver an expensive item.
    A website which is dedicated to ripping off companies via misprices, undeserved discount codes and,dodgy licencing subscriptions.
    Very Trusting. :-D

Original Poster

trog0;6657765

You're going to trust someone from this website to pick up and deliver an … You're going to trust someone from this website to pick up and deliver an expensive item. A website which is dedicated to ripping off companies via misprices, undeserved discount codes and,dodgy licencing subscriptions.Very Trusting. :-D

lets see what happens im thinking of buying a cheaper alternative locally , seen a 32 lg in comet for £470

yaboy;6656480

Im pretty certain i wont get mugged was bein psychastic.. more put off by … Im pretty certain i wont get mugged was bein psychastic.. more put off by the carrying a heavy item side of it, but i am considering taking the train if the seller can meet me at station .

dunno what the fcuk "psychastic" is

but i LIKE it!!!!

Original Poster

scrumpypaul;6658385

dunno what the fcuk "psychastic" is but i LIKE it!!!!

:lol: I was gonna put next to it "hope i spelt this right" but i guess u know what im saying hey :whistling:

Original Poster

found this company they collect pack and deliver so will give them a call packsend.co.uk/

closed @ ops request, thanks

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
    2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
    4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55

See more discussions