Anyone tried the Easyjet car hire price guarantee?

8 replies
Found 21st Mar 2009
Hi
I am booking a flight with Easyjet at the mo and want to hire a car for my stay (in Northern Ireland). Easyjet offer a 2-4 door economy car for £149. Hertz offer the equivalent for around £100. Easyjet on the website say that they will refund TWICE the difference if their price is more expensive than a competitor. So theoretically my car hire will be £50.

Knowing the sleazy ways of cheap airlines, surely this is too good to be true?

Regards
Rich

7 Comments

wouldnt the car be 50pounds still?

Original Poster

oh yeah. Good point! I shall edit it..

wel they may stick to what they say..ring them and ask them..were in northern ireland are u heading?

Original Poster

Hi allstar - I am off to Armoy to visit my sick grandmother. Where in Northern Ireland are you?

I have decided not to bother with Europcar. Hertz, the providers of the cheaper quote, have always been very good in my experience. They accept vouchers, quidco and Nectar points.

The only post on the web from somebody who tried out the guarantee says that it wasn't worth the bother:

hotukdeals.com/ite…e=2

R

bachgammon;4702267

Hi allstar - I am off to Armoy to visit my sick grandmother. Where in … Hi allstar - I am off to Armoy to visit my sick grandmother. Where in Northern Ireland are you?I have decided not to bother with Europcar. Hertz, the providers of the cheaper quote, have always been very good in my experience. They accept vouchers, quidco and Nectar points. The only post on the web from somebody who tried out the guarantee says that it wasn't worth the bother: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/163377/easyjet-car-rental-will-refund-doub/showthread.php?t=163377&page=2R

I live not that overly far from armoy at the min lol but spend most of my time in belfast!

Yeah prob go with hertz and save the hassle

I saw this in October when searching. I decided it was a risk not worth taking knowing how these things usually work.

Glad you found my post - maybe if I was retired & bored I'd try it again, but not likely.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3488
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247667
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769606
    4. Add one, leave one game54415467

See more discussions