Anyone tried to cut a TalkMobile sim down to fit in an iphone?

Found 12th Nov 2011
Sim looks massive, dont know whether i should try it,,,, Ill order one, as they do it but tempted to try it...
Community Updates
MisciPhoneSim
19 Comments
Reserved for trolling.
MiiCK

Reserved for trolling.

So cruel!

Original Poster
??????
Yes, dont do it! Dont do it!, i have just last week come out of hospital with cracked ribs and a torn groin. I only wish i had asked the same question before hand
Original Poster
bunch of crack eds
atppkr

bunch of crack eds

Do we know each other?
I did and knackered it completely. Got a micro sim in the post the next day from them after giving them some sob story.
Original Poster
gobur

I did and knackered it completely. Got a micro sim in the post the next … I did and knackered it completely. Got a micro sim in the post the next day from them after giving them some sob story.

Is this because you done it wrong?
Original Poster
simplex

There you go, good luck

Thanks, thought you were being flipint...
If you are anywhere near Fareham I have a cutter you can borrow...
Original Poster
mosskeeto

If you are anywhere near Fareham I have a cutter you can borrow...

In not unfortunately, thanks for the offer though.

Am i right in saying that that ALL normal sims can be cut down if done correctly?
atppkr

In not unfortunately, thanks for the offer though. Am i right in saying … In not unfortunately, thanks for the offer though. Am i right in saying that that ALL normal sims can be cut down if done correctly?

Yes, i did mine, Use the template and cut slightly bigger if any thing and then keep trimming till it fits

Edited by: "simplex" 12th Nov 2011

I have cut down loads and the only one that failed was a real old T-Mobile sim which was just bigger than the template whichever way I cut it...
I have cut them with a sharp pair of scissors as well

atppkr

In not unfortunately, thanks for the offer though. Am i right in saying … In not unfortunately, thanks for the offer though. Am i right in saying that that ALL normal sims can be cut down if done correctly?

atppkr

Is this because you done it wrong?

I thought I had done it correct, filing a little at a time. iPhone just saying "no sim"
Original Poster
took a stab @ it lads!! bingo, got it working. Thanks for the wise words!! Appreciated.

Saves me waiting for one in the post
cool
Just use a sim card cutter
Simples
atppkr

took a stab @ it lads!! bingo, got it working. Thanks for the wise … took a stab @ it lads!! bingo, got it working. Thanks for the wise words!! Appreciated. Saves me waiting for one in the post

So, as I understand it, you were able to cut the standard talk mobile sim card down to a micro sim? A quick look shows that the talk mobile chip has a bit too. much gold on it (the golden chip I mean), were you able to cut it without trimming the actual gold chip?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions