Groups

Anyone unlock their iPhones? I need help!!

Banned
    I recently purchased an iPhone 3GS.

The phone is locked to orange, but I am on o2 and need to get it unlocked.

It is running IOS 4.3.3 with baseband 05.16.02

I have looked at all the tutorials online and they are so complicated and contradictory. Has anyone unlocked theres on this version?

Any help would be huuuugely aprreciated!

11 Comments

You can't unlock your baseband with any freebie programs

Original Poster Banned

simplyjimbo

You can't unlock your baseband with any freebie programs

Are there programs you can pay for then, that will do it?

mceverready

Are there programs you can pay for then, that will do it?

Not that I am aware of, the only option is to get Orange to do it or sell it and by either an O2 or an unlocked iphone

You can install the ipad baseband with redsn0w and do it that way. Be aware though, it's not reversible, will void your warranty and you might loose gps.

No ultrasn0w for that firmware. Out of luck mate. If ssh saved all you can do is downgrade to 3.1.3

Original Poster Banned

jtx

You can install the ipad baseband with redsn0w and do it that way. Be … You can install the ipad baseband with redsn0w and do it that way. Be aware though, it's not reversible, will void your warranty and you might loose gps.

Yeah, I saw on a few of them they were saying to do that.

Seems risky though.

Really not sure what to do now!

jtx

You can install the ipad baseband with redsn0w and do it that way. Be … You can install the ipad baseband with redsn0w and do it that way. Be aware though, it's not reversible, will void your warranty and you might loose gps.

You are highly likely to loose your GPS as I haven't come across one person in the many forums yet who hasn't. However, I just found this

MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev-Team has already promised to devise a downgrade … MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev-Team has already promised to devise a downgrade method for iPhone 3GS/3G iPad baseband users which should restore GPS functionality.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it.
    Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 15th May 2011

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for the links, I think I will risk it!

jtx

MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev-Team has already promised to devise a downgrade … MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev-Team has already promised to devise a downgrade method for iPhone 3GS/3G iPad baseband users which should restore GPS functionality.

I have an iphone4 with o2
    I've had it for less than 12 months and am still in contract with them
    I contacted them (after seeing a post on here) and asked them to provide the unlock codes for the phone
    They did this without cost

Maybe you could ask Orange to do it too?

Hope it helps

Best

Bill

The last 2 I've done with redsn0w the gps still worked.

It's risky if you're in warranty but if you're not and if your'e not going to use gps its worth considering imo.

Orange will want the original purchaser to arrange the unlock and they will want paying for it.

jtx

The last 2 I've done with redsn0w the gps still worked. It's risky if … The last 2 I've done with redsn0w the gps still worked. It's risky if you're in warranty but if you're not and if your'e not going to use gps its worth considering imo.Orange will want the original purchaser to arrange the unlock and they will want paying for it.

You are the first I have come across, how has the GPS been with SATNAV software? What version software and bb did you do them on?
    Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 15th May 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1838
      2. What would be HELL to you?3053
      3. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow56
      4. word association Game73944524

See more discussions