Anyone upgraded to Android 8.0?

Found 11th Oct 2017
If so, are there many differences? Issues?

I'm holding off for a while, almost tempted to go back a version if I can.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Been on Oreo for around 3/4 months now (was on beta program), at first my battery life dipped but since all the google apps have had quite a few updates I'm now slightly better than I was on Nougat or Marshmallow. Noticed my device (Nexus 6P) in general feels snappier. PIP I like (although some other devices already had this). Autofill API is really handy, like the new icon set. Not fussed on the double tab to 50% zoom on the camera app, like the button to toggle between photo and video rather than swipe. Like being able to snooze notifications, never use the notification dots feature. Settings menu is now "cleaner", more can be done within notifications quick settings. Notice if you playing music with your device locked, the lock screen when you lift your device shows the album art for the song, same in notification panel. Like the long press on app for app specfic stuff. The lock screen display when you lift your device has also changed with larger and clearer fonts of notifications. Notcied it learns better when you do certain things, from selecting text to app suggestions to what you normally do next, along with taking screenshot/photo and what you normally do next.
Probably more I've have not thought about as been on it for a while now!.
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts11 m ago

Been on Oreo for around 3/4 months now (was on beta program), at first my …Been on Oreo for around 3/4 months now (was on beta program), at first my battery life dipped but since all the google apps have had quite a few updates I'm now slightly better than I was on Nougat or Marshmallow. Noticed my device (Nexus 6P) in general feels snappier. PIP I like (although some other devices already had this). Autofill API is really handy, like the new icon set. Not fussed on the double tab to 50% zoom on the camera app, like the button to toggle between photo and video rather than swipe. Like being able to snooze notifications, never use the notification dots feature. Settings menu is now "cleaner", more can be done within notifications quick settings. Notice if you playing music with your device locked, the lock screen when you lift your device shows the album art for the song, same in notification panel. Like the long press on app for app specfic stuff. The lock screen display when you lift your device has also changed with larger and clearer fonts of notifications. Notcied it learns better when you do certain things, from selecting text to app suggestions to what you normally do next, along with taking screenshot/photo and what you normally do next. Probably more I've have not thought about as been on it for a while now!.

Nice, thanks for that, sounds like it's worth upgrading now then.
I'm still holding back on my Pixel. Don't want to risk it and get performance issues.
I upgraded on my Nexus 5x no issues all good but wife's phone again Nexus 5 loads of issues WiFi not connecting and apps not working, I think must be done apps she only has causing the problems. I think android updates expecting developer's to change their apps is going to cause problems could lose them customers to apple as many will not change quickly
Original Poster
I upgraded yesterday - to be honest I haven't noticed anything different.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants