Groups

anyone use a bike turbo trainer on here?

bourght one from halfords earlier ,the man didnt have a clue how it worked neither did i!,but he said its a basic design and easy to set up,well so took me a while to get it sort of working but seemed awfully stiff in botom gear,then decided to see how fast i could go ,got to about 30mph then it suddenly started smoking,i think i'd broke the motor,anyway so about 5 seconds later it all came off ,bike whent flying into a door,but somehow me and bike are ok ,surprised really as i had spd shoes on
    so can anyone give me some advise on how these work?

5 Comments

Original Poster

still no one.....14 minutes later

I used to use one years ago but it was a proper turbo trainer using a fan that got harder the faster you went,I think a lot of the ones they sell now use magnets so shouldnt really be called turbo trainers,What model are you using /.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6083030

I used to use one years ago but it was a proper turbo trainer using a fan … I used to use one years ago but it was a proper turbo trainer using a fan that got harder the faster you went,I think a lot of the ones they sell now use magnets so shouldnt really be called turbo trainers,What model are you using /.

its a elite Volare Mag Turbo Trainer

same as this one but yellow-
    evanscycles.com/pro…up:

Sorry mate cant help you like i said was along time ago and the one i had just worked on air resistance alone,You may have a faulty one or have it adjusted too stiff but wouldnt know really,Best of luck anyway and luckily no injuries lol ,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6083134

Sorry mate cant help you like i said was along time ago and the one i had … Sorry mate cant help you like i said was along time ago and the one i had just worked on air resistance alone,You may have a faulty one or have it adjusted too stiff but wouldnt know really,Best of luck anyway and luckily no injuries lol ,

yeer im having it looked at tommorow ,might go back to my first plan of buying rollers instead,cheers anyway for trying to help,rep added:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?34
      2. Jury service12
      3. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?912
      4. Amazon S&S price fix question22

See more discussions