Expired

Anyone use a Ronseal Power Sprayer for painting fence....any good??

Found 6th Jun 2013
HI Guys -

Lovely weather so decided to paint the shed, didnt take too long so tried to be clever and started on the fence.....its been a full on nightmare, spent ages and made little progress with still loads to do.

Does anyone use one of these Ronsel Power Sprayers and are they as fast in applications as they try to market it at ??
Community Updates
AskEnglandFencePaint
11 Comments
http://i43.tinypic.com/2z6utfm.jpg

Fences? Sorry mate I thought you said faces.
not used one but feel your pain^^

guess will depend on what sort of fence and what sort of 'paint'
Have a few beers & get a chair, you will soon have it done with a brush

That said we did have waverly fence panels have swapped them all for feather edge boards, 10x easier to paint
Edited by: "OldEnglish" 6th Jun 2013
OldEnglish

Have a few beers & get a chair, you will soon have it done with a brush

I would have hoped so mate but seriously its done my head in.
The nutter who had the house before us painted the fence panels and gate BLUE !!.....Iv'e used Sandolin Timber Fence and Gate Paint "One Coat" in chestnut brown hoping to make the fence look normal.......ive literally done 2 panels out of the 30 in the garden - this is because each panel has needed about 5 coats to get the blue to turn brown !!!

http://www.sadolin.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sadolin-timber-stain-for-use-on-fences-and-sheds.jpg
nick1981

I would have hoped so mate but seriously its done my head in. The nutter … I would have hoped so mate but seriously its done my head in. The nutter who had the house before us painted the fence panels and gate BLUE !!.....Iv'e used Sandolin Timber Fence and Gate Paint "One Coat" in chestnut brown hoping to make the fence look normal.......ive literally done 2 panels out of the 30 in the garden - this is because each panel has needed about 5 coats to get the blue to turn brown !!!

Could you not jet wash the blue off first?

Just an idea
Its an idea but think im going to resort to one of these fence sprayers as they look great, i just want to hear from somebody that has one to see if they are as good as they look.
Im guessing as its Ronseal the paint wont be cheap when needed.
nick1981

Its an idea but think im going to resort to one of these fence sprayers … Its an idea but think im going to resort to one of these fence sprayers as they look great, i just want to hear from somebody that has one to see if they are as good as they look.Im guessing as its Ronseal the paint wont be cheap when needed.

I have! Much better than using a brush Imo. Word of warning though, try and spray it on the calmest day possible because when I did it, I inadvertently painted my BMW which fine brown speckles... I didn't even dare ask my neighbour if hus conservatory was Ok!
Ive read the reviews on amazon and to be honest for all the different brands of fence sprayers they all seem terrible!!!

amazon.co.uk/Ron…s=1
yeah they are all bad but what if they could review their experience of using a brush to paint a fence? be all 1 star!
at least your fence seems to be a solid panel type so shouldn't be too hard!
Just done my 10ft fence with ronseal used brush takes time but well worth it tried the sprays but brush so much better.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants