Anyone Use Airpods with Android?

Posted 2nd Sep
Hi,

Looking at buying Airpods as I like the fit in your ear. Is anyone using the 2nd Gen ones with Android? If so, are you able to get an app or something to use all the functions?

Is the sound worth losing some functionality with having Android?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
There's alot of apps which tell you battery life and can pause the music when you take them out your ear if you pay 99p. I have airpods with android. With the pause music feature, it takes about 5 seconds to register and pause which is frustrating. Also the battery life only shows in 5% increments
deals6902/09/2020 14:08

There's alot of apps which tell you battery life and can pause the music …There's alot of apps which tell you battery life and can pause the music when you take them out your ear if you pay 99p. I have airpods with android. With the pause music feature, it takes about 5 seconds to register and pause which is frustrating. Also the battery life only shows in 5% increments

Really? Would you not recommend buying them to use with Android then?
Robloxian02/09/2020 14:11

Really? Would you not recommend buying them to use with Android then?

They work all good just you lose the functionality of the automatic pause which I really like with my ipad. Other than that, if i had the chance to return them, I wouldn't id keep them
deals6902/09/2020 14:12

They work all good just you lose the functionality of the automatic pause …They work all good just you lose the functionality of the automatic pause which I really like with my ipad. Other than that, if i had the chance to return them, I wouldn't id keep them

So after you take them out of your ears, they do pause but not for 5 seconds? But then they play again when you put them in?

Does volume and skip tracks all work via the touch controls on the pods?
Robloxian02/09/2020 14:14

So after you take them out of your ears, they do pause but not for 5 …So after you take them out of your ears, they do pause but not for 5 seconds? But then they play again when you put them in?Does volume and skip tracks all work via the touch controls on the pods?

Yes its about 5 seconds and a few seconds also for them to play again. But remember without the apps, you don't get the pause function at all.

Yes all touch functions work, I can customise these controls from my ipad when connected and they'll carry over. I'm not sure there's a volume change feature on ios either
deals6902/09/2020 14:15

Yes its about 5 seconds and a few seconds also for them to play again. But …Yes its about 5 seconds and a few seconds also for them to play again. But remember without the apps, you don't get the pause function at all.Yes all touch functions work, I can customise these controls from my ipad when connected and they'll carry over. I'm not sure there's a volume change feature on ios either

Ah I don't have an apple device so I don't think I'll be able to use the touch controls.
Robloxian02/09/2020 14:16

Ah I don't have an apple device so I don't think I'll be able to use the …Ah I don't have an apple device so I don't think I'll be able to use the touch controls.

They'll come with the default controls which I'm not sure what they are but connecting to a friends device just once and changing there should do the trick
Thanks. I'm still looking. I don't think these would be the best purchase when I have no other apple products.
I use Airpods Pro with a Galaxy Fold. No issues at all.
seabs02/09/2020 20:10

I use Airpods Pro with a Galaxy Fold. No issues at all.

Do you have any other apple devices to configure the airpods?
> Is the sound worth losing some functionality with having Android?

Airpods sound awful for how much they cost. Maybe look into Galaxy Buds or the Sony WF-100XM3s instead?
Robloxian02/09/2020 20:20

Do you have any other apple devices to configure the airpods?

Nope. Don't need to configure them. They work like normal Bluetooth earphones, just hold the button on the back of the case to pair and thats it. Skip, pause, noise cancellations etc all work like normal. Only thing you can't do is customise the controls, but that's not necessary anyway. There are apps you can download to check the battery on the case but I just keep them on a wireless charger every couple of nights so they're always fully charged.
Edited by: "seabs" 2nd Sep
Charlie_Mawer02/09/2020 20:23

> Is the sound worth losing some functionality with having Android?Airpods …> Is the sound worth losing some functionality with having Android?Airpods sound awful for how much they cost. Maybe look into Galaxy Buds or the Sony WF-100XM3s instead?

Had the galaxy buds. Wasn't impressed. Constant stuttering during playback on my watch.
Post a comment
@
    Text