Anyone use appinventor to write apps?

Found 24th Aug 2017
On the off chance anyone on here uses appinventor to write apps, I need to pick your brain.

Or anyone know a forum that will likely have someone that uses appinventor?

I am learning to write apps with appinventor and hoping to be able to ask someone questions about what I want to do.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Learning to write apps?

Don't you think you should master a few more basic skills first. Like sewing in a straight line, peeling onions and washing flip flops?
8 Comments
Top hit on Google by typing 'appinventor forums'

groups.google.com/forum/
Yes, what type of apps are you hoping to make
benjammin3163 h, 37 m ago

Yes, what type of apps are you hoping to make

I think he/she wants to develop a random trivial question generator that will then automatically upload them to a shopping forum!
I have used it in the past but I found it very restrictive. Your best delving into Android Studio if you require anything more complicated than a simple one page app. I've tried several courses but it was the free Udacity course that made everything click for me.

If you need any help, drop me a PM and I'll walk you through the steps to create a simple app in Android Studio.

Once I found my way around Android Studio and realised how to link xml to Java, everything became so much clearer. The Java was the easy bit, understanding how everything works together was more difficult.

I just released my first app, a simple fixture list widget for my football club. It's nothing complicated and I knocked it up in a week but it serves a purpose that another app doesn't serve.
GlentoranMark1 h, 21 m ago

I have used it in the past but I found it very restrictive. Your best …I have used it in the past but I found it very restrictive. Your best delving into Android Studio if you require anything more complicated than a simple one page app. I've tried several courses but it was the free Udacity course that made everything click for me.If you need any help, drop me a PM and I'll walk you through the steps to create a simple app in Android Studio.Once I found my way around Android Studio and realised how to link xml to Java, everything became so much clearer. The Java was the easy bit, understanding how everything works together was more difficult. I just released my first app, a simple fixture list widget for my football club. It's nothing complicated and I knocked it up in a week but it serves a purpose that another app doesn't serve.

thank you for your offer of help, really appreciate it. i have watched the app inventor video tutorials and they look easy enough to do, which is what i find attractive about it. it makes building app very simple. i am only going to build apps for my own personal use as i need very specific stuff that do not exist in app stores. nothing complicated, just very unusual

not to mention you can get appinventor for free, which is a huge bonus, but as i have not yet started to do the build, which i now plan to do, it may not have the functionality that i need
I found it's not just complicated enough. An app I'm currently developing needs a database but the Appinventor database can only use so many fields and on one screen at a time. Appinventor is really only useful for basic pages, you may well find you need more complicated stuff after you start using it like I did.

If you've a unique idea then that should be more of a reason to use Android Studio. Any app you create will be fully customisable by you. There are no costs if your developing for yourself, the only cost involved is setting up a Play Store account if you want to make some money on you app, this is a one off payment of $25 but you don't have to pay anything if it's just for you. Besides, there are other ways to distribute your app rather than the Play Store.

By all means try out Appinventor (I did) but creating something you really like will be almost impossible.
Learning to write apps?

Don't you think you should master a few more basic skills first. Like sewing in a straight line, peeling onions and washing flip flops?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions