Anyone use First Utility for gas and electric.. thinking of changing

Were thinking of switching our gas and electric and uswitch has brought them up as one of the cheapest but never heard of them. Currently with EDF for both...

They have a yearly standing charge but there pence per K/w is alot cheaper....

Anyone have any help or advice?

8 Comments

I'd pass.

IIRC they were on watchdog, as you have to have a "Smart meter" fitted which effectively locks you into their service.

You pay a small fee to get your meter changed, but if you ever want to go back to another supplier they will charge you through the nose to move it back.

Original Poster

Thanks Just had a look and it says E on is next best!!! maybe i should stick lol

Actually, ignore that last post...

Just done a bit of searching, and it seems they give the smart meters away for free.

Linked up with Google too with their upcoming service which looks quite good.

Just make sure you're typing in accurate kWh readings, as the standing charges can be deceptively high.

Also check other sites apart from uSwitch.

Check MSE for the best cashback deals (& TopCashBack/Quidco obviously)

HAVE A LOOK AT WHOS SECOND AND THIRD
I changed to scotish power online and went through QUIDCO and got £101.00 cash back
Today they are offering £110.00 cash back for dual fuel thats about 25% of my years bill.
So have a good look.

CuteKitty26;6781777

Thanks Just had a look and it says E on is next best!!! maybe i should … Thanks Just had a look and it says E on is next best!!! maybe i should stick lol

Check that it's comparing the same tariff that you're on.

If you're on Eon Standard Rate then it'll be a lot more than Eon Web-Saver-or-whatever-they're-calling-it-this-month Rate.

It's probably easier and less hassle in the long run if you just ring Eon and ask them to put you on whatever rate is showing on that site.

Sorry if you know any of the above and I'm just patronising...

Original Poster

Were with EDF at the moment and looking down the list.. the first EDF tarrif is 23rd!!

Original Poster

scottish power is 3rd

adambaz;6781832

Check that it's comparing the same tariff that you're on.If you're on Eon … Check that it's comparing the same tariff that you're on.If you're on Eon Standard Rate then it'll be a lot more than Eon Web-Saver-or-whatever-they're-calling-it-this-month Rate.It's probably easier and less hassle in the long run if you just ring Eon and ask them to put you on whatever rate is showing on that site.Sorry if you know any of the above and I'm just patronising...

Fixed online 4, i've just changed to it!! 24% discount
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764015
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports813
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846094
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??77

See more discussions