Expired

Anyone use Microsoft Money with HSBC?

Found 23rd Aug 2013
I usually download my transactions from HSBC to Microsoft Money but it doesn't work at the moment - have they completely discontinued the downloads?

If so, are there any similar programs that are supported? I find the bill and cashflow functions really handy, and cannot get these just using internet banking by itself.

Thanks for any help.
Community Updates
AskMicrosoft
8 Comments
I do hope not, I have used them both for years, i will check it out, thanks for the heads up.
Still working OK for me. ( breathes a sigh of relief ).
Original Poster
I'm pleased if it's still working but don't understand why it isn't for me then? I can see my account balances but it wont let me access any transaction details. Do you know where I change the Web address that it uses to connect to hsbc? Is it just the one in the contact details?
Thanks for helping :-)
Not sure which version of MS Money you are using, mine is a really old version 2001.

On mine, there is a " Connect to bank " listing on the left, it has 2 options; (1) Is Go to HSBC Website, (2) Is; HSBC Services.

I just use the first one.

You can just download your account balance update from the HSBC Site; select downloads, then select OFX, then follow instructions. When you open Money, it downloads automatically.
Original Poster
Mine is 2004, and usually I connect the same way but for the last few days it just won't let me get to transactions. I can do if I go via ordinary browser, but not through Money. Internet banking help at HSBC said it might be a security thing so I should reenter web address, but then on googling it I saw that they have discontinued downloads for Quicken and Microsoft - maybe just in the US atm?

I can get the transactions into Money through the browser - its just clumsy.

Thank you for your help.
I use internet explorer v7 is this why i cannot see my statement on hsbc through moneys internal web browser?

On XP Pro as the OS
Original Poster
trott3r

I use internet explorer v7 is this why i cannot see my statement on hsbc … I use internet explorer v7 is this why i cannot see my statement on hsbc through moneys internal web browser?On XP Pro as the OS

I don't know - I'm using Firefox and Windows 7 and it still isn't working for me either. But as has been said - if you go to hsbc in a normal browser window and click on download it will import the statement and open with Money.
I normally use firefox as well.
The browser is built in to Money and is internet explorer unsurprisingly.

I have done the import method but it is a faff and would be simpler to use the inbuilt browser.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants