Anyone use Sky Sports on their iphone ?

28 replies
Found 19th Nov 2009
Can you use it on the iPod touch, what is the picture quality like ?

Cheers

28 Comments

My dad's getting multi room which enable his online account to be used on me iphone will tell you how it goes.

i have used it on my N95 before and it is good as long as you have a strong connection, dosnt work so great on the bus or the train and traveling at speed

Weird, but if you had been at the match last night you could have known it was handball by watching it on your phone in the stands via sky sports and yet the people in charge hadn't the foggiest.

Nope you cannot use it on an ipod touch.

EDIT i thought it was only through 3g.

MarzBarz;6937149

Nope you cannot use it on an ipod touch.

How come you can download apps? You can go on the wireless? I missing something?

Original Poster

Adam2050;6937162

How come you can download apps? You can go on the wireless? I missing … How come you can download apps? You can go on the wireless? I missing something?

He probably means illegally, you can watch the legal version it says so here skysports.com/mob…tml

The quality's pretty good. You need to have a wifi hotspot in order for it to work though.

I'm doing the 3 month free trial, but I don't think I'd pay £6 per month for it when the trial's over.

Original Poster

skinrush;6937293

The quality's pretty good. You need to have a wifi hotspot in order for … The quality's pretty good. You need to have a wifi hotspot in order for it to work though.I'm doing the 3 month free trial, but I don't think I'd pay £6 per month for it when the trial's over.

why not ? is it not hat great, seems like very good value 6 quid and you get ESPN as well

Banned

Adam2050;6936759

My dad's getting multi room which enable his online account to be used on … My dad's getting multi room which enable his online account to be used on me iphone will tell you how it goes.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
^ Um you are thinking of xbox. mobile tv is £6 a month, regardless of subscription.

Anyways OP... good picture quality, seems reliable, should work fine on ipod touch as even on iphone you are required to use wifi unless you use 3G unrestrictor or similar jailbroken software.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

ah right so you can use it on 3g.

vibeone;6937387

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]^ Um you are thinking of … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]^ Um you are thinking of xbox. mobile tv is £6 a month, regardless of subscription.Anyways OP... good picture quality, seems reliable, should work fine on ipod touch as even on iphone you are required to use wifi unless you use 3G unrestrictor or similar jailbroken software.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Actually no. I tried it the other day when your thread was about.

If you try and sign in it tells you need multi room or you need HD subscription.

I will try it later and see if it blocks me going further.:)

Banned

Adam2050;6937429

Actually no. I tried it the other day when your thread was about.If you … Actually no. I tried it the other day when your thread was about.If you try and sign in it tells you need multi room or you need HD subscription.I will try it later and see if it blocks me going further.:)

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]
Dude trust me - I have both, multi room and HD. xbox (when it worked) was happy with this - and I can watch tv online as well (on the sky website). Sadly the mobile tv is separate (unless it was a fault, in which case they have 3 months to fix!)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

vibeone;6937446

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Dude trust me - I … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Dude trust me - I have both, multi room and HD. xbox (when it worked) was happy with this - and I can watch tv online as well (on the sky website). Sadly the mobile tv is separate [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Strange, did you make one of these online accounts?

I say it like this as this is the information it requires when I log in through that app.

Banned

MarzBarz;6937149

Nope you cannot use it on an ipod touch.EDIT i thought it was only … Nope you cannot use it on an ipod touch.EDIT i thought it was only through 3g.

sure you can - but you need to be running 3.0 or greater firmware

Banned

Adam2050;6937455

Strange, did you make one of these online accounts?I say it like this as … Strange, did you make one of these online accounts?I say it like this as this is the information it requires when I log in through that app.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]firstly are we talking about the same app. iphone, the free app, called "mobile tv"?

I've used my main sky.com account, the one I've had for years and years and is attached directly to my SKY TV account.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

vibeone;6937474

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]firstly are we … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]firstly are we talking about the same app. iphone, the free app, called "mobile tv"?I've used my main sky.com account, the one I've had for years and years and is attached directly to my SKY TV account.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yeh we are talking about the same. I will re-read what it says on me phone when I long in the same sort of account.

It's changed. They must of picked up on it, when everyone got the 3 months free on there accounts. Damn was looking forward to showing off to the mates. Now says subscribe.

I will accept the xbox account though.

Oh so can i use my uncles sky account on my xbox which is at a different house? he has all the channels apart from movies but has a mutli room.

MarzBarz;6937517

Oh so can i use my uncles sky account on my xbox which is at a different … Oh so can i use my uncles sky account on my xbox which is at a different house? he has all the channels apart from movies but has a mutli room.

I ain't to sure on that. Yet to test it out, I have a feeling no.

Banned

MarzBarz;6937517

Oh so can i use my uncles sky account on my xbox which is at a different … Oh so can i use my uncles sky account on my xbox which is at a different house? he has all the channels apart from movies but has a mutli room.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]yes but not mobile TV.

Adam: as stated, I did use the 3 month code from my o2 (iphone) PAYG account so I'm good for a few months. Don't think its worth £6 though.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Adam2050;6937530

I ain't to sure on that. Yet to test it out, I have a feeling no.

Any idea of how they would find out? cos his sky box isnt connected to the landline.

vibeone;6937539

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]yes but not mobile … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]yes but not mobile TV.Adam: as stated, I did use the 3 month code from my o2 (iphone) PAYG account so I'm good for a few months. Don't think its worth £6 though.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

oh thats cool then will get his details:-D

vibeone;6937539

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]yes but not mobile … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]yes but not mobile TV.Adam: as stated, I did use the 3 month code from my o2 (iphone) PAYG account so I'm good for a few months. Don't think its worth £6 though.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Nah, it was one of the reasons I was going to be so charitable with that free code.

If you want it anyone you can have it.

It's attached to your debit/cc account.

Banned

MarzBarz;6937544

Any idea of how they would find out? cos his sky box isnt connected to … Any idea of how they would find out? cos his sky box isnt connected to the landline.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]its done on either the viewing card number, or your uncles sky.com account (with his subscription info attached)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

vibeone;6937571

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]its done on … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]its done on either the viewing card number, or your uncles sky.com account (with his subscription info attached)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

When you create an account it goes on there viewing card number.

Vibe you tried in another location then?

Using it on 3g iphone quality is fine better than on my Tv lol will only work thro wifi tho not on 3g signal

iNSOMANiAC;6937348

why not ? is it not hat great, seems like very good value 6 quid and you … why not ? is it not hat great, seems like very good value 6 quid and you get ESPN as well

Don't think I could bring myself to watch that many full games on such a small screen. It'd be good if you stay away in hotels with a job or something.

My dad has Sky multiroom full package and I'm using it at my house through the XBOX and pc with no problems at all.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. heart rate monitor fitness watch57
    2. Kids cut and glue books34
    3. Dinosaurs in the wild MANCHESTER (discount codes?)21
    4. Switch from BT to BT same property different person624

See more discussions