Groups

Anyone use/cook with quinoa?

Okay, quick question. Been reading about some pasta alternatives (looking to get a little healthier in the new year) and apparently this grain is regularly used to make a pasta-like product in the US.

Good things about it? Low in carbs and high in protein - more stuff at the wiki - en.wikipedia.org/wik…noa

So does anyone use it? Where do you source it from? Don't live near the superstore supermarkets but would use them online if I can get hold of the quinoa based pasta.

Odd I know, but input would be ace :-)

7 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks bossy, I might pop into my local next time I'm in town. Had a quick look at H&B online and saw this - hollandandbarrett.com/pag…056

Details however are scant so popping down will allow me to look at the ingredients I suppose.

Any more ideas anybody?

You might be able to process it to make a pasta alternative but is its raw form it is more like cous cous - rice alternative at a push.

Most of the major supermarkets have it - either by the dried beans or in the gluten-free aisle.

I eat most things and the stuff is nasty

choc1969;7365702

I eat most things and the stuff is nasty

Oh if only :whistling:

renown;7365732

Oh if only :whistling:

:w00t:

but then again

:oops:

[COLOR="Purple"]I use quinoa instead of rice or couscous, I've also used quinoa pasta (it's often with something else), it tastes the same as wheat pasta - many of the large supermarkets have it, so should be available online - good luck[/COLOR]
    ocado.com/web…rch

Original Poster

Thanks Chrysha :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1528
      2. Apples new update46
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543730
      4. word association Game73844439

See more discussions