Anyone used a cheap robot vacuum?

Found 16th May
Been looking at possibly getting one to try. Have a dog so constantly needing to vacuum! Seen you can get some on Amazon which seem to have decent reviews around £100.
I'm a little sceptical and know I'll obviously still need to use my Dyson every few weeks but has anyone tried one?
I have raised sofas so it would fit under them, would it automatically go under?
Anyone recommend one they have?
Thanks for any help in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
it depends on a robot.
I have Xiaomi Vacuum (prices between 170-240), but it is worth every single penny.
I suggest you check how it compares to everything else (cleaning method and algorithm), frankly even £900 roomba does not come close

there is one being sold on ebay for 230 or best offer shipped from uk
I bought a cheap robot vacuum from Maplin and it's a huge regret. It barely picks up dog hair and doesn't 'remember' where it has been so it misses bits and goes over the same areas over and over. I have since invested in a G-Tech AirRam and don't use the robot. My advice is to put that money towards a decent cordless vacuum which you can just whip out and fling round for a minute or two every day.
deleted79467
be aware the reviews on amazon are not to be trusted
Sorry to jump on your thread OP but I am also looking at the Xiaomi. But wondering if there are better ones for the same price range
Edited by: "niffer1" 16th May
All very helpful! I've just recently got an Xiaomi phone and amazed at the quality for the price! Did not know they did robot vacuums!
Whats the advantage of them over others? Is it mainly the reliability/ algorithm?
Jade493 h, 21 m ago

All very helpful! I've just recently got an Xiaomi phone and amazed at the …All very helpful! I've just recently got an Xiaomi phone and amazed at the quality for the price! Did not know they did robot vacuums! Whats the advantage of them over others? Is it mainly the reliability/ algorithm?

just type in youtube "xiaomi vacuum vs" and you will see it yourself. I cant really give you all the pro's and con's. the only issue is that there is no EU/UK warranty but it is a brushless motor and you can get spares quite easily if anything goes wrong.
BTW>
We have 2 cats and wooden floors, while my other half nearly killed me when I got it I dont think she would be happy to get rid of it now or if it broke.
Ours works every other day in a 3 bed semi. takes around 30min to do each floor. thats 60 min saved
Looks perfect think that's what we're going to go for! Just need to keep a look out on eBay as missed the last one in UK for a reasonable price! Thanks
33819337-oj9wC.jpg
Sorted
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants