Anyone used AlzaShop to buy PC equipment?

Found 13th Apr 2015
They're a Czech-based electronics retailer. 3 Trustpilot reviews seem positive enough with shoppers happy at big savings compared to UK prices, and no warnings show up on Scamadviser.

Found 1 bad review, someone had trouble getting a tv returned when it arrived a bit worse for wear in transit.

I can't decide whether to order a monitor from them or not, and I'm not sure if long-term use of an EU~UK adapter plug on a monitor could be an issue.

alzashop.com/23-…htm
Community Updates
AskPC
31 Comments
non
There site seems to have been about for 6 years and they seem to have physical shops in Czech Republic but if you're worried about things being damaged in transit, just go with a UK seller like Amazon who will happily take a return for a damaged item. Imagine the postage cost having to send something that size across Europe! Even if it costs a little bit extra now, it's probably worth it.
Original Poster
smizzlopi

... Imagine the postage cost having to send something that size across … ... Imagine the postage cost having to send something that size across Europe! Even if it costs a little bit extra now, it's probably worth it.

That's a really good point. Unless they specify a free courier RMA service, it would be in practical terms a one-way transaction, even if it arrived categorically faulty? Not sure if EU law would require them to reimburse carriage for sending me faulty goods, in that worst-case scenario.

EDIT: Looks like they are pretty clear and above board in their returns policy actually: "The buyer is entitled to collect reimbursement on necessary expenses incurred in connection with the exercise of legitimate rights and liability for defects, specifically postage for returning the goods. In the case of withdrawal from the contract due to defects, the customer is also entitled to reimbursement of this withdrawal." alzashop.com/war…htm

Edited by: "Shalinoth" 14th Apr 2015
Yeah I also think about buying pc equipment from them
Original Poster
wgrgs

Yeah I also think about buying pc equipment from them

Consider also the German retailer Club Private - I used them for some cheaper brand-name imported PC equipment myself, instead of Alza. There's a thread on here about them too. I was very happy with what I got.

Good luck, and don't forget to check which kind of plugs you're going to receive, UK or EU - these importers tend to offer you an adaptor or switch it out if you ask nicely, and you may even be able to haggle pricing if you find some items cheaper elsewhere but prefer to order from one site.
I use them and they were great i saved £60 and arrived in 3 days, i suppose all couriers can be not carful at times
VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ORGANISATION!
First and last time I bought something from this website. I've bought a 40 inches ultra HD Samsung TV. Before i posted the order, called them up and asked what were the requirements to get the VAT back as I bought it for business purpose. After a long and painful email exchanges, I was told that they couldn't refund me the VAT as the billing address was different from the deliver address. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS WEBSITE.
I bought a car stereo from them - £192. The next cheapest I could find anywhere else, including Europe was £237. All good no probs.
Original Poster
Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Silvers.
How long did they take from the day of order to day of delivery?
have you bought at alzashop what you wanted? How were they?
Shalinoth

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Silvers.How long did they … Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Silvers.How long did they take from the day of order to day of delivery?

I've just ordered a monitor from them(dispatched same day) and they are delivering in three working days using DPD as the courier, should be here on Wednesday.

Someone on this board described them as the Czech version of Argos and I have to say the online process has been as slick, or slicker, than buying from a UK merchant.
I have order a motherboard from those guys. I have just left a review on trustpilot. but my order was fine with this company it arrived in 7 days in perfect condition. you can also phone them I did find somewhere on the site a uk number and I did speak to them prior to my order.
alzashop is a genuine retailer in the Czech Republic,i ordered acer projector from them on monday & i received it today (friday) afternoon & it was delivered by DPD,i saved £60 buying the projector from them,the next cheapest place was pixmania which was £30 more expensive. by the way the projector arrived factory sealed by acer so it's all good & proper till receipt was included.

here is a video about this company,you can see in this video they have a nice big shop :

vimeo.com/993…658
Edited by: "as905" 26th Jun 2015
Yes it is genuine online shop based in Czech Republic. My order was Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 128GB Emerald Green and come with receipt
http://i58.tinypic.com/2u5rs6w.jpg
Edited by: "GirN3" 1st Jul 2015
GirN3

Yes it is genuine online shop based in Czech Republic. My order was … Yes it is genuine online shop based in Czech Republic. My order was Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 128GB Emerald Green and come with receipt

Did it come with the UK plug?
Hi, i just discovered this page and have to write there my point of view.

I am already buying from Alza for 17 years, it started as a little shop in 1994. Now its a biggest eshop and electronic seller in the Czech Republic.

Last year (2014) they had income 310000000 £ !! and its growing every year.

Alza have also more than 45 shops in the Czech Republic.

I can only recommend !
I've used them... No problems... Pay by PayPal plus free delivery
DONT USE THEM. I ordered and received quite quickly a Kenwood Major mixer. It arrived faulty and after lots of unanswered emails I got desperate and contacted Kenwood direct. They resolved the issue for me but Alza just doesn't seem to care at all. The latest email wanted me to send the machine back to them at my own cost. No mention of a replacement or a carriage paid label. EU laws are not the same as ours I have found out. Have peace of mind and pay a bit extra for UK companies. I certainly won't use this company again. Christine Giles
They're a Czech-based electronics retailer. 3 Trustpilot reviews seem positive enough with shoppers happy at big savings compared to UK prices, and no warnings show up on Scamadviser.
Found 1 bad review, someone had trouble getting a tv returned when it arrived a bit worse for wear in transit.
I can't decide whether to order a monitor from them or not, and I'm not sure if long-term use of an EU~UK adapter plug on a monitor could be an issue.
https://www.alzashop.com/23-6-philips-247e4lhab-d439811.htm
[/quote]
Vincenzoo

Hi, i just discovered this page and have to write there my point of view. … Hi, i just discovered this page and have to write there my point of view. I am already buying from Alza for 17 years, it started as a little shop in 1994. Now its a biggest eshop and electronic seller in the Czech Republic.Last year (2014) they had income 310000000 £ !! and its growing every year.Alza have also more than 45 shops in the Czech Republic. I can only recommend !

ha ha funny, are you the MD of the company ?
Great experience with them. Unbeatable prices from the country which is part of the EU.
However, never needed to complain so can't comment on customer service.
Thanks for sharing OP
Edited by: "kodivius" 8th Dec 2015
Bought Coffee and 10 days later no delivery, Terible Customer serivice on phone and email. Never got an order email Number/confirmation, I requested a paypal refund and was asked for my Iban number and bank details, Very suspicious I will avoid and stick with Amazon for my prompt efficient coffee deliveries
I purchased a phone from their UK web site, When it arrived it had and EU plug and NO English language option on the phone - the menus and displays were only available in foreign languages. I'm trying to return it and will let you know how I get on
I recently bought some kids Xbox figures off then for Xmas. When I ordered I didn't realise they were based abroad. They took a few days before they despatched, but once they did, I was sent a tracking number and was able to track my parcel via Czech republic and Germany before arriving in the UK. This only took about four days. Everything in my parcel was fine, with receipt included. Would order from them again
To John S47-How your thing with Alza look like? I purchased a product that does not work, writes and calling and nothing. Alza - never, ever again
Don't touch them with a barge pole. We ordered an iron in November which has never arrived. Replies to emails receive an automated reply, calls receive the response our systems are down please call back. They state letters sent they never received. In December they stated a refund was being sent In January they said that something had gone wrong but we should receive refund within 5 days.
oh my.i need to purchase a lot of computer accessories but i only orderd some speakers just to test if they are good if any felays or anything goes wrong i will not order anything else.i will look for a other company.i am so worried now.
ALZA - Would certainly NOT order from them again. As a business purchaser I found that even though I had used my valid VAT number they had still charged VAT. So basically they overcharged me by 20%. Just been on the phone for 15 minutes and they just repeatedly said that there is 'nothing they could do'. My advice is to forget them - look elsewhere...
Lesson learnt the hard way - it's all fine until something goes wrong - that's when you realise it's best to stick with local IT suppliers with a reputation (Scan, DABS, Ebuyer, Aria etc.)
AVOID......
Ordered a screen, it arrived in opened packaging with smudge marks on it. When I contacted customer services I was told that this was not possible. I insisted, multiple times, that I was telling the truth, and they finally agreed to refund the product.
I returned it by recorded delivery. I was told it did not arrive, despite me having proof. I threatened legal action and finally received a refund after two months of battling.....
That's the short version. I must have sent them 20-30 emails, their customer services was frustrating and awful in every way. Avoid avoid avoid........
(When purchasing a product they offer the possibility to return it even if it has been opened for an extra £5. Maybe this is why I was sent a second-hand screen?)
Do not buy from them .It is a terrible company that has a bad customer service.I ordered a cybershot Sony Camera from them that said that is waterproof.I went in holiday after receiving the good and I done scuba diving and when I came out from water the camera was dead . I just went no over than 4 m deep and in the camera was saying up to 10 m . I sent the good back to them and made a claim and they declined it saying that the camera wasn't close properly and they will send me my good back .This happened in August and now November I have no respond from them and no camera back .A waste of 160£
Just Ordered from them for the first time, firstly I'll let you know how it goes, order placed, swiftly updates via email with recipt and tracking, of course the item hasn't moved yet as the shop is closed but I'll let you know about delivery speed once received and item etc

Secondly, I feel kinda duped

This is the first time I've heard that an EU based retailer can advertise under a .co.uk ???

So I was completely not expecting to find out they was based in Czch Rep, and I'll be waiting 3+ days

The thing is, I ordered a PC component a £160 one, and I need it ASAP like next working day or 2 maximum, so I'm kinda thinking I'd would have rathered it tomorrow instead of the £40 price reduction and of course it is a long transit/delivery which just increases the chances of the item being damage or faulty

If that be the case this will really put me behind and to say I'll be **** will be an understatement being so busy already

Personally... If you use a .co.uk you need UK shops and to be in the UK, EU stop fking with things lol
Very popular in Czech and Slovak republic. I don't know how return from Uk works. I looking for buying laptop from them because it will come with EN\CZ keyboard and HP don't supplies UK market with model I want. HP offers same model but with lower performance in Uk :-(
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants