Expired

Anyone used Club La Costa??? (free Hols)

Found 1st Aug 2011
Had a phone call tonight offering a free holiday just pay £29pp and airport tax. Its 7 nights SC for 4 & get £50 voucher for Argos/Tesco.

All we have to do is turn up at one of the exhibitions in Stratford, probably to try and sell us a place ( not gonna happen! )
Anyone used these to good use? or is it best avoided?
Community Updates
17 Comments
Website HERE
As luck would have it for you, I used to sell timeshare for them

If you are prepared to sit down for upto 5 hours with hard sell tactics at the end then its fine.
You will be offered a trial membership at the end which you have to decide to take them up on, on the day. When I worked there 5 years ago it was just under 4,000 but the manager who will pitch the price at the end can give you a kickback upto around £1000.

The company is legit if that is your concern as well, the resorts do exist.

Edited by: "jonny619447" 1st Aug 2011
how is £29pp plus airport tax free???
I will give you a free car if you pay me £5,000 for the car mats
markq

how is £29pp plus airport tax free???I will give you a free car if you … how is £29pp plus airport tax free???I will give you a free car if you pay me £5,000 for the car mats

The £29 is called a 'booking fee' so they can call the holiday free and tax is just unavoidable.
jonny619447

As luck would have it for you, I used to sell timeshare for them :)If you … As luck would have it for you, I used to sell timeshare for them :)If you are prepared to sit down for upto 5 hours with hard sell tactics at the end then its fine. You will be offered a trial membership at the end which you have to decide to take them up on, on the day. When I worked there 5 years ago it was just under 4,000 but the manager who will pitch the price at the end can give you a kickback upto around £1000.The company is legit if that is your concern as well, the resorts do exist.

Hi thanks, so what happenes at the Expo before hand?
We had a 'free' holiday a couple of years back to Cornwall. Lots of deliberation but decided to go for it and it was well worth it. Think it cost £60 for 4 nights to a lovely 5 star cottage. Sales pitch 2 hours over a free breakfast, no hard sell at all, quite nice bloke actually. No pressure and that was it for a fab cheap holiday. Would give it a go if ours was anything to go by.
nutta

Hi thanks, so what happenes at the Expo before hand?

Sorry, what do you mean before hand?
jonny619447

Sorry, what do you mean before hand?

We have to go to Stratford to an exhibition before hand?
nutta

We have to go to Stratford to an exhibition before hand?

You go to the exhibition to have your sales pitch, then they try and flog you the trial membership.
You have to go through the presentation to get your 'free' holiday.

When I say hard sell, it depends who you get but they will try every sales technique under the sun to get you to buy. Everyone says they will not buy, but when I worked there our sales team turned over on average a 20% success rate.

You will be offered a trial membership at the end which you have to … You will be offered a trial membership at the end which you have to decide to take them up on

have to take them up on!?
nutta

have to take them up on!?

You will have to decide at the end of the presentation on whether to buy it from them, you cannot go away and decide, it is yes or no on the day. Its basically another sales technique to get you to buy "the fear of losing out on a good deal" pressure tactics basically.

If you say no though, you still get your holiday.

jonny619447

The £29 is called a 'booking fee' so they can call the holiday free and … The £29 is called a 'booking fee' so they can call the holiday free and tax is just unavoidable.

They may be able to call it free but in reality it isnt so should be removed from title IMHO
markq

They may be able to call it free but in reality it isnt so should be … They may be able to call it free but in reality it isnt so should be removed from title IMHO

Its not a deal, so the title is irrelevant.
Thanks for info Jonny.
And when you do go on your free holiday they'll badger you until you sign up. Avoid.
My parents did a few of these, not sure if it was the same company. They said it was ok, as above, had to sit through presentations, the places they went to were nice (lets face it if they weren't, they wouldn't make the sale).

Dunno why they stopped going though, whether it was their decision or they were seen as not a valuable prospect as they never signed.
take the offer you will have a great holiday, yes they do require you to sit through a 90 mins hard sell. and yes i did succumb to it. the resorts are great , but hard to get where you want to go. mainland spain at thier flag resort at fuengerola is always in offer. problem is once youve bought you then need to payabout 1.000 pounds main tenance charges a year, thats on top of he purchase price. whatever they say it is not cheap. then they try to sell you extra points on your next visits to club la costa . This is not a scam. just expensive. look at the paradise club that is one of theirs in tenerife , a lovely resort. and sunningdale village, lovely

if you can say no take the holiday. once the presentation is over they do not bother you again . just take my advice and dont buy. unless you are family then it might be worth your while. couples dont get value for money. and you cannot resell them. the points really dont have a value. folks are trying to give them away just to get out of paying their membership. having spoken to some folks on site the trial membership can be good value if you have a family. if you are tempted to buy get the three year trial membership first. i was not offered it . i had to relinquish my points back to club la costa to get rid i am still paying the loan

so in conclusion , think carefully. if you buy 750 points, you need to consider that you would actually get 2 weeks a year for that but not in a gold resort. you can use less points on late offers, but by then the flights have gone up. sometimes you can get a week for 150 points or two for one offers. it is difficult though if you work and need to plan ahead

just to say again their resorts are lovely and i have had some great holidays. its just costly
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants