Anyone used eBays 30% off FVF promotion?

Found 21st Aug 2016
Hi everyone, I just wondered if anyone has used this promotion?

I've received it however when I list an item it automatically uses the 100 free listings promotion which is running through August and is applied automatically everyday therefore it would mean that I have to list 101 items to actually make use of the promotion - I'm quite sure this is must be an error.

I have spoken with eBay and they basically said that's the way it is, take it or leave it which doesn't surprise me really, they are terrible!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

The 30% off FVF promotion will overwrite the 100 free listings promotion. If you list one item you'll see that it takes it off the 30% promotion.

Sounds like the person at ebay either misunderstood what you were asking or is just clueless.

All promotions for any percentage off FVF always overwrite the 100 free listings promotion. I've used them promotions a number of times, it's always the case.

Original Poster

GamingDevil

The 30% off FVF promotion will overwrite the 100 free listings promotion. … The 30% off FVF promotion will overwrite the 100 free listings promotion. If you list one item you'll see that it takes it off the 30% promotion.Sounds like the person at ebay either misunderstood what you were asking or is just clueless.All promotions for any percentage off FVF always overwrite the 100 free listings promotion. I've used them promotions a number of times, it's always the case.

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying however it doesn't this time. That is the issue.

It automatically uses the 100 free listings promotion as I have tried.
Edited by: "joshp" 21st Aug 2016

joshp

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying however it doesn't … Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying however it doesn't this time. That is the issue. It automatically uses the 100 free listings promotion as I have tried.

How do you know it doesn't ? I think the 100 free listings applies every month these days. I had a pay only £3 FVF in June or July and that worked alongside the free listings. I think I had to acknowledge the e-mail to activate it but when I checked my fees it had been applied ok.

Original Poster

tallpete33

How do you know it doesn't ? I think the 100 free listings applies every … How do you know it doesn't ? I think the 100 free listings applies every month these days. I had a pay only £3 FVF in June or July and that worked alongside the free listings. I think I had to acknowledge the e-mail to activate it but when I checked my fees it had been applied ok.

Because it says once you have listed an item, it gives you the number of listing used for that particular promotion. The 100 free listings as renewed every single day throughout August.

Have you activated/accepted the 30% promotion?

If so, sounds like a glitch. You could try ebay again, explain that listings are being taken from the wrong promotion. Hopefully by talking to someone else and stating it's wrong (not asking) you'll get a proper answer.

Original Poster

GamingDevil

Have you activated/accepted the 30% promotion?If so, sounds like a … Have you activated/accepted the 30% promotion?If so, sounds like a glitch. You could try ebay again, explain that listings are being taken from the wrong promotion. Hopefully by talking to someone else and stating it's wrong (not asking) you'll get a proper answer.

Yes, I have accepted the offer. I think it must be a glitch. I just wondered if anyone else is having the same issue?
Edited by: "joshp" 21st Aug 2016

Are you selling more than one of the item with which you having an issue with?
I don't think it works with multiple listings of the same item.
Other than that I'm not sure

There was a recent promotion that was for Auction format only. Check the t&cs.

Original Poster

PrincessJellybean

Are you selling more than one of the item with which you having an issue … Are you selling more than one of the item with which you having an issue with? I don't think it works with multiple listings of the same item.Other than that I'm not sure

It was a single item but thanks.

Smelly_Pickle

There was a recent promotion that was for Auction format only. Check the … There was a recent promotion that was for Auction format only. Check the t&cs.

It says for auction and fixed price.

I've spoke with eBay and they said they will manually apply the discount after, which I don't believe they will for a second as they promised something similar before and they never did. I guess I will miss this promotion then.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61632
    2. Chat magazine issue 4312
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions