Anyone used Expedite Electronics?

Found 6th Jun 2015
Just wondering if anyone here has had any personal experience with Expedite Electronics?

Trust Pilot has a lot of reviews which I am convinced are fake, but there are also a reasonable number from genuine looking people (ie. made a few different reviews, have photos).

Looking at buying an LG G4 from them, can use Paypal linked with a Credit Card... but would rather not have to go through the hassle of getting money back!

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
59 Comments
I take it they are a Hongkong/ Chinese based company - bought loads of £5-£10 stuff of similar companies - never had a problem . Would I buy a pricey item ? No way !- apart from the fact it wouldn't have EU warranty returning it if faulty would be at your expense -Is it really worth it to save a tenner or so ?
Original Poster
rogparki

I take it they are a Hongkong/ Chinese based company - bought loads of … I take it they are a Hongkong/ Chinese based company - bought loads of £5-£10 stuff of similar companies - never had a problem . Would I buy a pricey item ? No way !- apart from the fact it wouldn't have EU warranty returning it if faulty would be at your expense -Is it really worth it to save a tenner or so ?

Yeah I am very doubtful of them. To be honest, I am more interested to see if anyone has actually used them, after seeing people linking to them on a few posts on here. Even so, I don't think I actually have the guts to try them myself...!

The saving is considerably more than £10.
I can 100% recommend Expedite Electronics purchased quite a few mobile phones off this company just received brand new Canon 70D X2 lens £707:49p having ordered it on the friday 29 May arrived /delivered at my house tracked by "Hermes" on Wednesday 3rd June free delivery ,sadly HUKD not let me post my joy share this deal ,maybe they aren't an '£official sponsor£' of HUKD.
http://postimg.org/image/beq97m8a9/
I've not used them but their web site has been around for some time and you can pay via Paypal so there is some security. One thing I would say if buying a mobile phone double check which bands they support, they may not support all the networks in the UK.
Original Poster
Decided to make an order, using PayPal (Buyer Protection) and a Credit Card. Will update this post for the purpose of others on my experience. Should have the phone by Tuesday week.

If the phone isn't genuine I'll just get my money back, if it is - great. Not fussed about the manufacturer warranty, as can get most things repaired very very cheaply if need be (spend a lot of time over in Asia...).

P.S. I will, of course, be checking absolutely everything with the phone (looks, packaging, CPU-Z (internals), IMEI etcetera.
Edited by: "Undisclosed2" 7th Jun 2015
would be interesting to know if they are real. it is paypal so i would feel fairly safe regardless.
Original Poster
GotBass

would be interesting to know if they are real. it is paypal so i would … would be interesting to know if they are real. it is paypal so i would feel fairly safe regardless.

I'll update you with my own experiences

I am convinced they are real; questionable whether the products are always legit
I used them to get an lg g2 mini last year, received the phone within 5 days, worked, and still works perfectly.

Did contact customer services to get a voucher code added *after* I placed the order and they refunded that into my account after I received the phone so was happy with their communications too.

package appeared to be shipped from a UK location, can't remember what the postmark was anymore but didn't have to worry about import duties or postage delays which I right may be an issue as the phone was so cheap, but really happy with their services and would recommend.

of course not had to return anything but CS responded to my emails quickly when asking for a voucher discount which they didn't have to do. ..
Edited by: "rajeee3" 8th Jun 2015
I'm also considering ordering an S6 off this website, European model. Just contemplating my purchase atm, however website seems ok and the advantage of using Paypal is great.
Be warned though, apparently their S6 is from Hong Kong even though the phone itself is a European model. This questions the warranty of this product and may mean Samsung UK themselves will not repair the phone if anything was to go wrong and the phone would have to be sent back to Hong Kong for repair.
Original Poster
s779

Be warned though, apparently their S6 is from Hong Kong even though the … Be warned though, apparently their S6 is from Hong Kong even though the phone itself is a European model. This questions the warranty of this product and may mean Samsung UK themselves will not repair the phone if anything was to go wrong and the phone would have to be sent back to Hong Kong for repair.

You are correct, it will come Hong Kong. You are not covered by warranty here, Expedite Electronics offers 365 day warranty, however you won't get a second year. I will be having my device insured (via bank insurance) anyway, so if anything goes wrong it can be replaced. For me, the saving of £100 makes it worth missing out on the extra years warranty.

My order appears to currently be going to schedule. Received an email this morning saying it has now gone to Parcel Force, so might even arrive by Friday.
I've got a flubit offer for the LG G3 and expedite are the merchant. I'm offered £220 from £232, should I go for it?
Original Poster
Steve Mac

I've got a flubit offer for the LG G3 and expedite are the merchant. I'm … I've got a flubit offer for the LG G3 and expedite are the merchant. I'm offered £220 from £232, should I go for it?

Hi Steve,

Everything with my order seems to be going fine at the moment. As of 7pm tonight, my phone is now with Parcel Force so should be with me by tomorrow - I can't confirm whether the product is genuine or not until tomorrow though, sadly!

The G3 is on Expedite's website for £228, so £220 seems about fine.

Can't give a firm word yet, but everything has gone according to schedule so far

(Only downside is the G4 is £10 cheaper than I paid on Saturday!!)
Edited by: "Undisclosed2" 11th Jun 2015
Original Poster
Pleased to say the device has arrived. It is completely legitimate, run tests on it to check components etcetera - everything seems to be in order. Correct cores and power, 4G working, correct RAM and storage space, camera very good, language started off in English.

Great stuff.
interested in this company as well, good op had success
item i am looking at is 40% or so cheaper there
Edited by: "brilly" 13th Jun 2015
Original Poster
brilly

interested in this company as well, good op had successitem i am looking … interested in this company as well, good op had successitem i am looking at is 40% or so cheaper there

I'd say go for it. I have saved myself over £100 (would be £120 if I bought it today!), and everything is fine. They have English customer service people, too - I phoned up on Monday no issues.

Obviously, I can't say everyone would have such an amazing experience - but I would personally use them again
Undisclosed2

Pleased to say the device has arrived. It is completely legitimate, run … Pleased to say the device has arrived. It is completely legitimate, run tests on it to check components etcetera - everything seems to be in order. Correct cores and power, 4G working, correct RAM and storage space, camera very good, language started off in English.Great stuff.

Hi. Would you still recommend the phone and expedite electronics after these couple of months? Thanks!
Original Poster
SizzlingPotato

Hi. Would you still recommend the phone and expedite electronics after … Hi. Would you still recommend the phone and expedite electronics after these couple of months? Thanks!

Hi

Absolutely, yes! Phone is still working perfectly, the camera is phenomenal (for a phone). Haven't had to deal with the company in the event of issues arising, but I would use them again Taken my phone on extended trips overseas, involving many small children playing with it and not had any problems.
Thanks very helpful! I've taken the plunge and can't wait to try out the g4 with it's top camera. What's your experience with the battery?
Original Poster
SizzlingPotato

Thanks very helpful! I've taken the plunge and can't wait to try out the … Thanks very helpful! I've taken the plunge and can't wait to try out the g4 with it's top camera. What's your experience with the battery?

Battery life is pretty much average for what I have come to expect. Get's my through the day here in the UK with fairly heavy usage. Somewhat difficult to judge as most of my usage has been in Asia, where it was always very bright so screen brightness was frequently on 100%!

The camera is seriously good, though - I haven't come across a phone with a better camera, yet. Let me know how your experience with EE goes.
Expedite electronics told me the black leather G4 i ordered wasn't in stock after 2 days of placing my order. So i ordered from Amazon in the end. I like the phone very much. Before this i used a galaxy s3 for 3 years, a moto x 2014 for a few months, an xperia z3 for a few weeks and a moto x play for another few weeks. This G4 will be the phone i'm sticking with! I'm on the three network and after following the battery saving tips around the web i get 2+ days on light use. I don't play games or watch movies on my phone. Typically just some whatsapp, email, talking and chrome browsing when i'm not at work. As of now, after 43 hours i have 48% left. It will prob go down another 10-20% as i play with it on the way home. And the camera is great - love it!
Edited by: "SizzlingPotato" 20th Oct 2015
i ordered a camera off this a few months back and they are completely legit

the stuff does come from asia but it is all real and genuine products, tried to post the deal on here but not allowed as not a UK seller i was told
Just ordered the second Apple Watch from them. The first arrived in 4 days and is completely legitimate, boxed and sealed and I can vouch for its authenticity, as I already have one myself, directly from Apple. But at more than £60 less than Apple are charging, it is too good a chance to pass up.

I purchased a sony Z3 compact mobile phone from them last year at a very good price. Delivery was slow & communication non existent ! However my phone arrived as described & in brand new working order.....
Ive just placed another order with them tonight for a Samsung S6 Edge....
Original Poster
jasondunlop

I purchased a sony Z3 compact mobile phone from them last year at a very … I purchased a sony Z3 compact mobile phone from them last year at a very good price. Delivery was slow & communication non existent ! However my phone arrived as described & in brand new working order..... Ive just placed another order with them tonight for a Samsung S6 Edge....

Communication wasn't great for me directly from them, but you can easily phone their (English!!) staff, who reassured me and gave me the information I needed quickly and efficiently.

Nice choice of new phone...
Cheers Undisclosed2. I did see the UK number on their website but figured I'd be put through to Hong Kong.....
Hi. I just wanted to know about import fees, can you tell me more, ie did you have to pay any if not why not ?
Original Poster
jasondunlop

Cheers Undisclosed2. I did see the UK number on their website but … Cheers Undisclosed2. I did see the UK number on their website but figured I'd be put through to Hong Kong.....

Surprisingly not! I had expected the same - I guess they are based at their hub (Southend, I think?)
Original Poster
banton1

Hi. I just wanted to know about import fees, can you tell me more, ie did … Hi. I just wanted to know about import fees, can you tell me more, ie did you have to pay any if not why not ?

No you don't, not sure why. However, the website has been going for a long, long time with no issues thus far.
Cool, thanks for the reply. I guess they must ship them to Uk themselves. At least that means short shipping times and no hidden fees. Thanks again. I had a quick browse on their site.. I'm looking for a phone after xmas with a budget of 200. The elephone vowney has my name on it thus far, releases at the end of month.
Original Poster
For anyone who comes across this, I will now be testing their service to the absolute maximum...

Mg LG G4 has decided to stop booting, seemingly an issue with the first batches (S/N505-508) - mine is unfortunately 505. So, I've contacted Expedite today for a repair/replacement. Not expecting fast service unfortunately, but will let you all know how I get on.... this will be interesting..
Undisclosed2. You are in for a very long wait for it to be returned to you! I had to return my Samsung s6 after it developed a fault. That was a month ago and I'm still waiting on my replacement. The communication is terrible and you will have to keep chasing them for updates! When or if I ever get my phone back, I'll never be purchasing from them again !
Expedite make a big thing about how returns can be sent within the UK and you are given the impression that everything will be quite local and easy. The truth is your returned device is forwarded onto Hong Kong and you will wait an age for your replacement!
Original Poster
Jason, I suspected this would be the case. Annoyingly, I am virtually certain that it cannot be repaired (various sources on the internet seem to think so, at least). Although, they will no doubt send it back, try to repair it, and then confirm it cannot be repaired to then organise a replacement.

This is the risk I knew I would be taking when ordering from a firm who imports from Asia, but I've never owned a faulty device before so never had to send one back!

I have a spare phone that I can collect next week, so it isn't the end of the world - frustrating, but not exactly life-ending.
Undisclosed2. You are in my exact position. Never had a faulty phone before, using a spare phone , taking the risk etc. My phone had a pixel problem. A pink vertical line on screen soon become two lines, then three lines!
Original Poster
jasondunlop

Undisclosed2. You are in my exact position. Never had a faulty phone … Undisclosed2. You are in my exact position. Never had a faulty phone before, using a spare phone , taking the risk etc. My phone had a pixel problem. A pink vertical line on screen soon become two lines, then three lines!

Sent my phone off yesterday, so should arrive with them on Monday. Will update with my own experience over the coming, er, month(s)!
They won't even acknowledge receipt of your phone , you will have to do all the chasing for updates etc. Best of luck, you'll need it!
Original Poster
jasondunlop

They won't even acknowledge receipt of your phone , you will have to do … They won't even acknowledge receipt of your phone , you will have to do all the chasing for updates etc. Best of luck, you'll need it!

The fun has started. "We check our warehouse once a week" - let's pray that isn't a Friday... :P
Aye that's the bog standard reply. They might check their warehouse once per week but they won't tell you the outcome! You'll have to ask !
Original Poster
Gave them a quick call, they've confirmed that the weekly check at their warehouse is Tuesday, which is at least some good news (means the device should be sent off sooner). Still not optimistic, but I'll take any good news I can get haha
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions